STAND UP DRYERS OTHER THAN THE PIBBS

TexturedTresses

I'm looking for a stand up dryer, but I really don't have the money for the pibbs. What stand up dryer do you use and love that is much cheaper than a pibbs? I would love something ionic and that has a faster drying time than my current dryer. Any help will be appreciated.

Denise11

I bought one at my local BSS. It was on sale for $69.99. Regular price was $89.99.

Try a BSS in your neighborhood and save the shipping!

My dryer works great. Has timers, different heat settings and is very quiet. I'm gonna see if I can find a steamer locally.

pattyr5

I got one by Hot Tools from my local BSS for $99. It has a timer and different heat settings. I got this partiuclar one because it's on wheels and I can basically move it around and use it with any chair in my home.

GoingBack

The Hot Tools 1059 dryer is very similar to the one above:
http://brunsli.blogspot.com/2007/12/purple-people-heater.html

i have it, and it dries my sets very quickly. there's no upward airflow like with the pibbs, but it's got tourmaline ions, and gives me silkier sets (than i'd get if i air dried).

i bought mine on eBay for about $120 including about $30 for shipping.

I have this one. I got it from the bss for about $80. It's okay. It never dries my hair in the back or sides, but dries the front and top too quickly. :nono:

back2relaxed

I have this one. I've had it a little over a year now. I love it...its lightweight...gets hot, and drys my hair quickly and evenly. I use it for DC w/heat, as well as rollersets(which I'm doing almost exclusively now). It's small, so I can roll it into my closet, but it would just as easily fit in a corner if no closet was available. I think I paid about 120.00 including tax when I bought it. I picked it up at the store, and did not order it online.

empressri

This thread is right on time cause my bff needs one so she can FINALLY learn to do her hair herself!

Cien

Pink is my signature color
The Hot Tools 1059 dryer is very similar to the one above:
http://brunsli.blogspot.com/2007/12/purple-people-heater.html

i have it, and it dries my sets very quickly. there's no upward airflow like with the pibbs, but it's got tourmaline ions, and gives me silkier sets (than i'd get if i air dried).

i bought mine on eBay for about $120 including about $30 for shipping.

This is the one that I have.

I bought it during that special that we had on here a year or so ago. A lot of folks were buying the Pibbs, but since I was new to rollersetting, I purchased this one.
I believe it was about $99.

It works VERY well! Gets super hot and does a great job! I love my purple baby!!