Question for those who are relaxed??

CHANNYY

Hey Ladies,

I was wondering is it better to do a protein treatment before a relaxer
Or do the relaxer and follow with a protein treatment the following week.
Does it really matter?? I want to relax my hair tonight so I just wanted to know??

Thanks

EbonyCPrincess

I personally do a hard protein treatment (Aphogee 2 Step) the week before and then a moderate one (2 minute reconstructor or equivalent) after rinsing the relaxer but before neutralizing.

Aggie

I would always do a protein treatment a week before my texlaxer, one during the mid-relaxer and then one within a weeks following a relaxer. Fortifying my fine strands is critical before, during and after a relaxer.

Now the question is when do I give myself a hardcore protein? I tend to do them just before a relaxer session. I would use the moderate strength protein during and after the relaxer. My mild protein treatments are generally done weekly, all other weeks.

demlew

channy - I usually do a protein trmt a week before, another one mid-process(before neutralizing), and again a week after (or henna). I always use a light-medium protein so I don't experience overload.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Protein treatment (like Millcreek Keratin conditioner) a week before the relaxer, a mild reconstructur before using the neutralizing poo and about week later AO GPB again....I then use protein on a regular basis - rotating the types of protein.

beauti

i dont do pre relaxer treatments.i do the protein treatment after rinsing relaxer,before neutralizing

Toy

I usually do a Reconstructor a week before or after i rinse out the relaxer.

Aggie

I'm 2wks post texlax is it too soon for a 2 step aphogee treatment?

I see tht most of u do it before the relaxer.

:yep:, I always do my hardcore protein treatments just before I texlax but if you haven't done one in a while, it should be okay to do one afterwards. How is your hair doing though? If it's not having major breakage, you may not even need to use the 2 step treatment. Sometimes I wait every other texlax session to do them depending on how my hair is behaving.

I wouldn't use it if my hair doesn't necessarily need it. A moderate strength protein treatment should do fine. For this I would use KeraCare Intense Restorative Masque or Moroccanoil Restorative Mask and if I need a hardcore protein, I would use my KeraCare Super reconstructor. I no longer any of the Aphogee products.

Remember hardcore proteins generally have a liquidy consistency and milder ones are generally of a creamy consistency. Mild ones have wheat and silk proteins and moderate ones have hydrolyzed keratin proteins etc - these are just examples to go by however.

sunnieb

I'm late! How did your relaxer turn out????

I always do a protein dc with Motions CPR 3 days before I relax. I still do the mid-relaxer protein step with it as well.

Thanks for posting! :yep: