Question for you ladies (not political, lol)

MzRhonda

Has anyone who have looked for a new church home and had young children and made what was available to them and their walk with Jesus important in your search? A church where you felt your children would grow and that there were things for your children to get involved in and where your children were excited and wanted to go?

I'm at that point right now.....my church I grew up in doesn't have what I want or need for my family-the church body is either elderly or very young - no in between, the church my family and I attended together and liked we haven't been back to since my mother in law passed(she had just joined the church after moving here) - both of those were your traditional black baptist.

I enjoy praise and worship no traditional there is one I was going and liked but not sure if the kids "felt" it. Another thing in my town the churches are sorta neighborhoodish so coming into that you are sorta an outsider. I'm also not a believer of spouses going to different churches.

My dh is more traditional baptist not praise and worship not sure how comfortable he would feel in the church the kids an I have been going to for almost 3 months.....because of his work schedule he has been unable to attend.

My oldest(teenager) already knew people they and she loves it as well as my youngest. There is a different crowd and dynamic from most of the churches here - more younger/middle age married couples with kids, strong military and many did not grow up in this town. My dh is retired military so it would be a familiar people.

Would you think about the kids in this case or follow your dh if he does not like the church?

Sorry so long.....................

Nice & Wavy

Has anyone who have looked for a new church home and had young children and made what was available to them and their walk with Jesus important in your search? A church where you felt your children would grow and that there were things for your children to get involved in and where your children were excited and wanted to go?

I'm at that point right now.....my church I grew up in doesn't have what I want or need for my family-the church body is either elderly or very young - no in between, the church my family and I attended together and liked we haven't been back to since my mother in law passed(she had just joined the church after moving here) - both of those were your traditional black baptist.

I enjoy praise and worship no traditional there is one I was going and liked but not sure if the kids "felt" it. Another thing in my town the churches are sorta neighborhoodish so coming into that you are sorta an outsider. I'm also not a believer of spouses going to different churches.

My dh is more traditional baptist not praise and worship not sure how comfortable he would feel in the church the kids an I have been going to for almost 3 months.....because of his work schedule he has been unable to attend.

My oldest(teenager) already knew people they and she loves it as well as my youngest. There is a different crowd and dynamic from most of the churches here - more younger/middle age married couples with kids, strong military and many did not grow up in this town. My dh is retired military so it would be a familiar people.

Would you think about the kids in this case or follow your dh if he does not like the church?

Sorry so long.....................

I'm so sorry I didn't see this before.:yep:

At the bolded, this is something that you and dh really need to pray about together. There is an order that should be followed in the family unit. Church is so important, so just you asking this question shows me how much this really means to you.:yep:

It's may be difficult, but you both can come to a decision that would be best for your family.

I will be praying for you.

:love2:
MzRhonda

Last edited:

Prudent1

MzRhonda,
I did consider everything you just mentioned when joining my current church several years ago. There was lots of prayer involved and many different churches visited. I would never make such a serious decision without major prayer involved. The process of realizing we were not growing and finding our new church took about 3 years. I was divorced though so I didn't have a DH to consider. That would majorly change the game for me. Me personally, I would pray even if it meant we attended a church me and the kiddos didn't love like 'that' asking God to meet us where we were until hubby's or our disposition changed in a way that was pleasing to Him. See God will honor your's and the kid's obedience and willingness to allow him to work on DH's heart.:yep:
HTH!