Question from a Newbie on Cream of Nature Shampoo

bajanplums1

Hi Everyone,

I have been visiting LHCF for 1 year and now I am a member:). This site has really been an inspiration for me.

I just tried Cream of Nature Shampoo last week. It was fantastic. My hair was silky and tangle free. I did not even want to use a conditioner. I did anyway.

So my question is: Do I need to use a conditioner with Cream of Nature? My current arsenal of conditioners are :

1. DPR-11 by QP Elasta
2. Nexxus Keraphix
3. Aveda Curresence
4. Cathy Howse

Thanks ladies!! /images/graemlins/newbie.gif

Eiano

Which Creme of Nature Shampoo are you using... the red one? If so, I'd recommend shampooing.

itismehmmkay

Here's the thing with CON (Creme of Nature): It's, by far, the best shampoo in the world to me. The catch is that it causes build-up if used to frequently. I used to use it everyday as a TWA natural and after a while, nothing worked on my hair. But...I believe that if you aren't using it too often, it's still a keeper!

Personally, I still use a Deep Conditioner after using CON. If you don't have too much build-up, the conditioner will work fine. I use Queen Helene Cholesterol (very basic...I also use their Super Cholesterol which is sold at Sally's).

The thing is, you don't really need anything too moisturizing after CON because you already have it, but I still use a protein/moisturizing conditioner (that what the Super Cholesterol really is) afterwards then something moisturizing as a leave-in. So far so good for me!

bajanplums1

Hi Eiano,
I use Cream of Nature with the navy blue label: Extra Body Formula. So your recommendation is that I just use the shampoo?

kitchen_tician

Hi Bajanplums and Welcome!!! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I always use a conditioner after I poo, even when I use Creme of Nature, but the directions state that no extra conditioner is needed because the shampoo does it all in one step. I think it would be fine to skip it sometimes.

Actually, Sometimes, I do skip the conditioner if I use Creme of Nature poo when I do a few wash-n-go's in a row.

kitchen_tician

[ QUOTE ]
Here's the thing with CON (Creme of Nature): It's, by far, the best shampoo in the world to me. The catch is that it causes build-up if used to frequently. I used to use it everyday as a TWA natural and after a while, nothing worked on my hair. But...I believe that if you aren't using it too often, it's still a keeper!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto Itismehmmkay!!! I alternate with Kera Care poo.

webby

Think Slim
I always deep condition, regardless to which shampoo I use. Nothing beats the extra protection /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bajanplums1

Thanks ladies, I will continue to deep condition. I will just miss that silky feeling that I have after I use CON. I mean after I use my deep conditioner, it just isn't silky. But, I will continue to deep protection.

Allandra

One of my aunts has been using CON for years. She doesn't condition afterwards. I've always wondered how she got away with that, but her hair does look good.

bajanplums1

Thanks ladies. Last night, I washed with CON and did not use a conditioner. I figured that I would deep condition on the weekend. I did use a bit of Salerm 21 on my hair when it was damp and mango butter. My hair is now really really soft, but this morning when I combed it, I saw a few pieces broke off in the comb. So I think tonight, I will wash again and deep condition. Part of the problem was that I washed my hair in a rush.