Question Help Needed From Henna/cassia Users

Daina

Hi Ladies,

I am currently following a heavy Ayurvedic regimen and had a question about permanent hair dye. I typically cover my grays with Shea Moisture jet black color, I would like to color this weekend. My question is can I color and do a cassia gloss the same weekend or should I do one this week and wait a week or two to do the other? Also should I henna/cassia first or do the color first? Thanks in advance for your help!

Aggie

Well I alternate my glosses with my demi-permanent coloring @Daina - one week I'd do a henna gloss and the other week, I'd do a demi-permanent. I only use a demi-permanent color once every 5-6 weeks though. You probably can do both on the same day but it might leave your hair a little dry.

I would do a amla/brahmi/bhringraj powder gloss but leave the henna out if I do it the same day as the color for added moisture. I wouldn't recommend overdoing a good thing. Others may do them differently but this is how I do mine.

Daina

Well I alternate my glosses with my demi-permanent coloring @Daina - one week I'd do a henna gloss and the other week, I'd do a demi-permanent. I only use a demi-permanent color once every 5-6 weeks though. You probably can do both on the same day but it might leave your hair a little dry.

I would do a amla/brahmi/bhringraj powder gloss but leave the henna out if I do it the same day as the color for added moisture. I wouldn't recommend overdoing a good thing. Others may do them differently but this is how I do mine.

Thanks @Aggie makes sense!