?Question? - I'm about to prepoo with Honey for the first time...

Je Ne Sais Quoi

And I need you to please advise exactly how much to use and how I use it. I was thinking of adding the honey to my cheapie conditioner and letting it sit for like an hour. Does that sound right? How much honey do I add? Will it be difficult for me to rinse out the conditioner and honey?

shtow

I tried that before I mixed it with evoo and condotioner and warmed it up. My hair came out a hot mess! Never again! I may have used the wrong kind, I dont know. Im thru with all the concotions and experiments!!!!!!!!!

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I tried that before I mixed it with evoo and condotioner and warmed it up. My hair came out a hot mess! Never again! I may have used the wrong kind, I dont know. Im thru with all the concotions and experiments!!!!!!!!!

What was wrong with it??? :perplexed

frizzy

Bre-Bre, I have used honey 2 times with great success in adding moisture to my hair.
I put about a tablespoon, maybe more in a container, mixed it with hot water to dissolve the honey, then added a moisturizing conditioner to it and mixed it up. I'm contemplating doing it a third time today. This will be a part of my regular routine from now on.

shtow

My hair was tangled, hard, and matted; I did not like it at all. But like I said, it may have been the brand- I just used the brand my mom had in the cabinet.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Bre-Bre, I have used honey 2 times with great success in adding moisture to my hair.
I put about a tablespoon, maybe more in a container, mixed it with hot water to dissolve the honey, then added a moisturizing conditioner to it and mixed it up. I'm contemplating doing it a third time today. This will be a part of my regular routine from now on.

Thanks!! this helps give me a gauge of how much to use.

DeepBluSea

I have DC'd with honey before. I used a ORS pack, a tablespoon of honey, and about 2 tablespoons of EVOO. Heated it up in the microwave for about 30 secs. It is a good combo. From what I have read most folx use about a tablespoon of honey.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I have DC'd with honey before. I used a ORS pack, a tablespoon of honey, and about 2 tablespoons of EVOO. Heated it up in the microwave for about 30 secs. It is a good combo. From what I have read most folx use about a tablespoon of honey.
Thanks. i am going to use 1 tbls :yep:

nakialovesshoes

I believe I got this recipe from www.motowngirl.com - I heated 2 or 3 tbsps of honey in the microwave - long enough for it to be a runny consistency vs. thick. I then mixed it w/a quarter cup of olive oil. I worked it in my hair really well, put on a plastic cap & left it overnight. It would definitely give me nice sheen. I never had any issues w/washing it out. The only reason why I stopped doing it was b/c I started doing the Ayurvedic overnight pre-poos. HTH...