Questions about tithing?

Glib Gurl

If you tithe . . .

Do you tithe from your net or your gross income? (I was taught that we are to tithe from the gross income . . . because, after all, we are giving money to the government.)

Do you tithe from windfalls (i.e., gift money, income tax returns, prizes, etc.)?

Have you ever tithed when you felt you couldn't afford to do so? Did you experience any lack?

Anything else you want to add?

Nice & Wavy

Glib Gurl said:
If you tithe . . .

Do you tithe from your net or your gross income? (I was taught that we are to tithe from the gross income . . . because, after all, we are giving money to the government.)I tithe from my gross income because that is the actual amount that I earn before taxes are taken out.

Do you tithe from windfalls (i.e., gift money, income tax returns, prizes, etc.)? I give above and beyond the tithe with special offerings with any extra money that I receive.

Have you ever tithed when you felt you couldn't afford to do so? Did you experience any lack? Yes, yes, yes!!!! I can't even express that any more than I have!

Let me share a short story: When my DH and I were buying our first home, after we did all the math, we didn't think that we would have money to even eat with, after all the bills would have been paid. The first thing my husband said was..."well, we are going to have to cut the tithes for now and repay it later." "Oh, no....that is non-negotiable" I said. So, we agreed and we were never without, ever...as a matter of fact, I call my DH's wallet "The bank." because I know I can make as much withdrawals as I need, and he knows it too! I usually don't have too, but if I need too, I know I can.

That's how God is able to make all grace abound for you. Obedience is better than sacrifice!

The whole matter of trusting God to meet your needs is something that every believer need to grab ahold of. God gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him will not perish but have eternal life. God gave His very best....shouldn't we?

Blessings!

mrsmeredith

Nice & Wavy said:
The whole matter of trusting God to meet your needs is something that every believer need to grab ahold of. God gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him will not perish but have eternal life. God gave His very best....shouldn't we?

Blessings!

I agree totally. Tithing is not an option. I tithe before taxes. But I also give an offering. I know I can trust GOD to keep his word. He said he will pour out a blessing that I won't have room enough to receive.

MALACHI 3:8-12
8“Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me! “But you ask, ‘What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?’”

You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me. 9You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me. 10Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the LORD Almighty, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Let me prove it to you! 11Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease.£ Your grapes will not shrivel before they are ripe,” says the LORD Almighty. 12“Then all nations will call you blessed, for your land will be such a delight,” says the LORD Almighty.

dreamer26

Glib Gurl said:
If you tithe . . .

Do you tithe from your net or your gross income? (I was taught that we are to tithe from the gross income . . . because, after all, we are giving money to the government.)

Do you tithe from windfalls (i.e., gift money, income tax returns, prizes, etc.)?

Have you ever tithed when you felt you couldn't afford to do so? Did you experience any lack?

I use to ask this question, should I tithe from my net or gross then I asked myself do I want a NET OR GROSS BLESSING.

I tithe on the gross and on windfalls because you just can't beat him giving.

I remember one time I did tithe and that was all I had and my lights got turned off. I had to defrost ice to wash my face and brush my teeth. I remember crying out to God why. I did what you asked me to do and now I'm sitting in the dark a part of me wanted to be angry but I decided if I did what he told me then I'm gonna watch and see what he'll do. Well something told me to go and check my mailbox and when I did there was a check for more than I needed and because of that experience I trust God even more.

Trusting God sometimes will seem like the wrong choice but in the end if you just keep the faith it will be the best thing you could ever do.