Questions about wigs/black friday

brg240

I have a couple questions

1. do wigs go on sale on black friday? of do any sites do free shipping? I don't think I saw it mentioned in the Black friday thread. I've been putting off buying one for a month now because I thought they might go on sale but I don't actually know.

2. I'd like a an inexpensive shoulder lengthish wig, do ya'll have any suggestions? favorites? I'm looking at wigs and then the reviews and getting kinda overwhelmed.

3. What exactly is a quick weave? :look: the hair site i was on explained it and I'm still confused :/ On yt quickweaves were handmade, would I be putting something together if i ordered one?

Tiye

The answer depends on what you're looking for - curly, wavy, straight? Also what kind of hair - synthetic, human, remy, etc. How much do you want to pay? Hundreds of dollars - or less than 50 dollars. You should check out these two youtubers muffinismylovers and lovekisses99 for ideas and recommendations - they are the youtube wig queens. They are very concise so I don't think you'll be confused if you watch them. I think they also both have blogs if you want the quick version vis a vis watching hours of video.

Most online hair sellers have sales and free shipping year round if you spend x amount of dollars. Not sure what they're doing for black friday but I suppose most offer discounts.

A quick weave is basically a wig/weave hybrid that allows you to leave your hairline out for a more realistic look. You can buy them already made (check out e.g. the quick weave section on blackhairspray.com) - all you need to do is put them on and go - or you can buy weave hair and make your own/have one made for you.

tropical-punch

I have a couple questions

1. do wigs go on sale on black friday? of do any sites do free shipping? I don't think I saw it mentioned in the Black friday thread. I've been putting off buying one for a month now because I thought they might go on sale but I don't actually know.

As far as an exclusive Black Friday only sale for wigs. I have not seen that. Off the top of my head, there are a few sites that are having current sales and promotions:

beautyofnewyork.com (as mentioned)
superbeautydepot.com
hairsisters.com

2. I'd like a an inexpensive shoulder lengthish wig, do ya'll have any suggestions? favorites? I'm looking at wigs and then the reviews and getting kinda overwhelmed.

As also said before, it depends on what you are looking for.
Samsbeauty.com - Lace front wig, Remy Hair, Weaving, Lace Wig always has low prices on wigs as well as Hair | Wig | Weaving | Braids | Lace Front Wigs | Human Hair | Black Hair | Remy Hair

3. What exactly is a quick weave? :look: the hair site i was on explained it and I'm still confused :/ On yt quickweaves were handmade, would I be putting something together if i ordered one?
A quick weave can mean one of two things. Some half wigs are marketed as quick weaves (Outre and Sensationnel brands for example). If you order one of these, you will not have to put anything together. It comes as one unit just like any other wig.

Another type of quick weave is when you take tracks of hair and either glue (over your own hair) or sew it onto a stocking cap/weave cap/net or whatever.

Hope this helps.

brg240

bibirockz - thanks, I'll check out the site. I'm a little intimedated by lace fronts, it seems to take some work to make them look perfect.

thanks for the bump :)

Tiye - Well I'm not buying a wig for over $25 for my first wig so that eliminates human hair and remy, so synthetic it is.
I'd prefer straight but if it's curly that's okay too I just want it to my shoulders.
I really like these wigs, so something similar

thanks i've been watching muffinismylover's yt but it's a little overwhelming. I'll go check out lovekisses99's channel as well.

Thanks for the explanation on quick weaves. I will check out that site.

tropical-punch - thanks for the wig sites, I'm checking them all out and the explanation of quick weave.

Last edited: