Questions for Users of Dominican Conditioners

lexi_24

I was reading an older thread where someone stated that the cinnamon in Capilo Sole y Cinnamon aids in stimulating hair follicle growth. Does anyone know what the other types of Dominican conditioners are good for....for example avocado vs. honey and milk vs olive oil vs wheat germ etc. ???
I was unable to find an older thread on this topic.

Also for those who have used Nacidit's Olive oil coniditioner and Nacidit Avocado conditioner.....what differences did you find between the two? Which do you like or dislike and why?

And one last question--- When and how often should one use Lacio lacio? Which company makes this product?

TIA for any questions answered.

ITA, Ive been trying to decide on a few conditioners but dont know the difference or benefits of the different kinds.

also I didnt know that about the capilo sole and cinnamon...Ill have to use it more often!

I have tried the Nacidit Olive Oil shampoo and cream conditioner and it makes my hair very soft. I even add some in a spray bottle with a little water and my hair feels like butter afterwards. I also have some of the Cinnamon conditioner and it does make the scalp tingle.

Oh sorry, I forgot to respond to the other questions. Capilo's Milk & Honey is to promote moisture and elasticity (ability to stretch). Salerm's Wheat Germ Oil treatment is a dry hair treatment, and Bano De Crema's Wheat Germ Intense Conditioner is to strengthen the root. I also use these three products. Sorry, I can't offer any input for the others you mentioned.

Thanks for letting me know about Lacio Lacio... I have read good things about this product. But was not able to find it during my latest trip to NYC. I'm a bit late on the Sickbay.biz train but was browsing that site and reading about different Dominican products.... trying to decide if I should or should not place an order there soon.
wink.gif

I'm a big, big fan of Nacidit Olive oil Conditioner and Rinse. I wonder how the Nacidit Avocado differs from it. And wonder what does Avocado do for the hair compared to the Olive oil.

The Tropical and Capilo cond are similar. If you like cholesterol conditioners, you'll like these.
smile.gif
I get the same results no matter which "flavor" I use. The Cinnamon conditioners tingle--that's the only difference I've noticed...

I prefer the Nacidit Olive Oil over the Avocado. The Olive Oil was more slippery.

Lacio Lacio (Star Products) is a leave-in lotion-y conditioner. The directions say to apply to wet hair and don't rinse it out. I don't think it's a daily moisturizer for dry hair.
ohwell.gif

Also for those who have used Nacidit's Olive oil coniditioner and Nacidit Avocado conditioner.....what differences did you find between the two? Which do you like or dislike and why?

SAS says: I use Nacidit Olive Oil conditioner and Tropical Avocado conditioner and both are very moisturizing. I love both, but I think the Olive Oil is a bit more moisturizing.

And one last question--- When and how often should one use Lacio lacio? Which company makes this product?

SAS says: I use Lacio Lacio as a leave in after I wash and condition. I use it once or twice a week, depending on how many times I wash my hair. I alternate between Lacio Lacio and Salerm 21. I'm not sure which company makes it.

I've never used the Olive Oil, but I love Nacidit Avocado. I have the cream conditioner, the rinse and the poo. I get some of best curls and they are soft beyond belief when I use a little of the rinse as a leave in
love.gif
. Plus it smells better than the olive oil.
laugh.gif
Someone told me the Olive Oil made their hair feel dry so I was effectively frightened away. It may work better for 4b, and the Avocado may do more for c-4a hair. Hard to tell w/these things. It could also be a natural vs. relaxed thing too. :shrug:

Lacio is my other great Dominican love. I use it every time I wash my hair, so sometimes that's daily. I never use it on dry hair though
nono.gif
. It's made by Star, sometimes listed as Bio-Star.

Maybe you can try a google search to see what properties belong to the items you asked about. For instance, wheat germ is great for hair b/c it's full of Omega Fatty Acids, Vitamins B & E and protects and restores natural oils in the hair and skin
smile.gif

I use the Nacidit Olive Oil and Avocado conditioners and both gives my hair great slip.
I think my hairs likes the Nacidit Olive Oil best I have the rinse also.
The Capilo Sole & Cinnamon give me great slip and tingles scalp.
My hair hates the Tropical Domincan products does nothing for my hair.
I have the 10 en 1 conditioner and rinse I use the rinse more than the conditioner.
The Seven Wonder Cream kind of smells like medicine but give great slip even without heat.
I use Rysell Coconut Treatment to strengthen my hair its really good product.
I use the Lacio Lacio every day after my co washes.

Thanks everyone who responded to my questions. I've been reading sickbay.biz for their descriptions on various Dominican products but appreciate posters' personal responses.

Are these Dominican conditioners full of mineral oil and cones?

you can check ingredients online at roundbrushhair.com
JenniferMD owns the site she was a member here don't know if she still is
some of the conditioners have lots of natural ingredients like the 11en1 it has
Ingredients: Purified Water, Ethyl Alcohol, Lanolin, Olive Oil, Mineral Oil, Citric Acid, Cinnamon, Rosemary, Garlic, Carrot, Celery, Verbena, Watercress, Onion, Spanish Tuna.

there is a domincian hair care forumn on roundbrushhair.com and they ive great information on al the products

Back