QUICK Question About Cornrows...

gabulldawg

Hey, everyone. I was just thinking about something and would really love your input. I am getting braids this afternoon in order to get a much-needed break from my hair (YAY!!!) It has been shedding/breaking like crazy and I hope that this will help, or at least give me some time away from picking up stray hairs. (<--- whole different topic)

Anyway, I was wondering if cornrows are a protective style. I was also wondering if I would be able to let the braids hang down or if I would need to wear the cornrows up off of my clothes somehow. My hair is almost APL, so would probably be about shoulder length in the braids. Is my hair protected enough while braided in with the braid hair? I hope I'm making sense! TIA! :spinning:

Cornrows can serves as a protective style provided the braids aren't put in too tightly. I think it would serve more as a protective serve if the braids are longer than shoulder length or if you keep them off your neck pulled into a bun , or combine into a single braid. Don't forget to moisturize your situation. It would stink to lose the inches you gain due to dry brittle hair.

hth

Cocosweet took the words right out of my mouth!!!!!:yep: That's how I plan to rock my hair for the rest of the time I am in Iraq.

Thanks for the info. I plan to have the braids stop at right about bra strap and then curl the ends. I'm just saying that my real hair in the cornrows would probably stop at about shoulder length, so I'm hoping that my ends won't try to break off while in the cornrows. Is that possible? And does braid spray count as a good moisturizer for your hair while in cornrows? I also plan on oiling my scalp every day at least once a day with BT.

Thanks for the info. I plan to have the braids stop at right about bra strap and then curl the ends. I'm just saying that my real hair in the cornrows would probably stop at about shoulder length, so I'm hoping that my ends won't try to break off while in the cornrows. Is that possible? And does braid spray count as a good moisturizer for your hair while in cornrows? I also plan on oiling my scalp every day at least once a day with BT.
Yes. Braid spray is a good way to go!

Yes, cornrows are a protective style. I was rocking them for months-just dont leave them in past 4-6 weeks. I'm going to try single braids real soon

Back