Quick Question about gray hair

daydreem2876

carpe diem
My sister went to the dominicans to get her hair done and now her gray hairs are yellow, she think they may have burned her hair and the yellowing may be permanent.

1. Is there anything she can do to get the hair back to gray (she is about 10-15% gray)? I have already told her to consider a rinse but I can tell this is not what she wants to do.

2. Any suggestions for a natual hair stylist in the Baltimore/PG County area? Keep in mind my sister is a 4b natural, thick strands, thick hair and is BSL. She will require additional time and care for her hair, and does not mind paying someone who will help her maintain an otherwise healthy head of hair.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I found this online. I hope this helps....sounds like her hair absorbed minerals from the water and products at the salon.

I would do this treatment on coarse hair texture for 5 minutes and see how the hair tolerates it. Then i would follow with a moisturizing conditioner.

Baking soda

Grey hair color is more porous than hair that’s still naturally pigmented. Because of this, grey hair absorbs more elements and minerals from water, more chemicals from hair products and more atmospheric elements that create a dull, faded or yellowish look. Get rid of all that junk with a simple baking soda treatment.

Add regular hydrogen peroxide to ¼ cup of baking soda, just enough liquid to form a loose paste. Get your hair thoroughly wet with plain tap water, then use your hands to spread the paste throughout your locks. Massage the paste right into your hair thoroughly, then allow it sit for approximately 15 minutes.

Rinse the paste out completely with water, then pour 1 cup of apple cider vinegar through your hair as a final step. Do not get the vinegar into your eyes. You don’t need to re-rinse after applying the vinegar. Towel-dry your hair by patting it gently; do not rub because this will cause frizz and breakage.

Perform your baking soda treatment once weekly to remove yellowish tones naturally. Baking soda cleans your hair, so you don’t have to shampoo before your grey hair treatment.