Silver sisters - Transitioning to gray hair...

Aggie

Oy! I can't believe that 6 years later, I still haven't made the transition to gray hair. I may do so when I reach 55 years old but it still depends on how I look at that time. I still don't even look 50 years old so I'll wait another 2 years before I might consider wearing my gray hair. I will probably be coloring it blonde instead though :spinning:

Iwanthealthyhair67

I've been contemplating embracing the gray but I donno maybe I should go blond
I am tired of having to color every 10 days or so because that is how long the semi permanent even the permanent colors last in my hair
also tired of using the gray covered mascara it doesn't always blend well and looks like I trying to cover my gray

yamilee21

I only have slightly more grey/white hair now than I did when I posted in this thread 6 years ago. Maybe a few more visible streaks when I wear it out. I expected a lot more by now, but I guess I have been lucky. I can only hope it will continue like this.

Ltown

Greyland
I let the gray come in 2017 and i'm only temple gray/white, it was getting to be too much dying my hair every month then I started seeing my temple thin and that wasn't what I wanted so I decide gray hair or no hair. I looked around pinterest/instagram looking for styling ideas, I've embraced it now for 5 years, everyone loves it, and now that i'm gray I tend to notice more silver foxes around.

Attachments

• IMG_2351 (2).JPG
    IMG_2351 (2).JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 23

LushLox

I let the gray come in 2017 and i'm only temple gray/white, it was getting to be too much dying my hair every month then I started seeing my temple thin and that wasn't what I wanted so I decide gray hair or no hair. I looked around pinterest/instagram looking for styling ideas, I've embraced it now for 5 years, everyone loves it, and now that i'm gray I tend to notice more silver foxes around.

Your hair is really beautiful.

After talking about colouring my hair for years I still haven't done it; I may not bother now as don't have many.

Ltown

Greyland
Your hair is really beautiful.

After talking about colouring my hair for years I still haven't done it; I may not bother now as don't have many.
Thank you! I was dying for over 20 years I tried henna and it broke me out loss so much hair but it grew back. You have to feel good for yourself and not worry about what others think, that was what I did and so many negative talk but hey like I said I prefer to have some hair then thin or no hair.