QUICK WEAVES

Netta1

How do you guys feel about those 60 sec weaves, do you like them or do you think that they are damaging to the hair? I don't think that there damaging its just like wearing a headband wig to me, what are your thoughts?

I have one and don't think it's damaging at all. I consider them more protective than anything. I want to get some more because the one I have I bought it in jet black. I don't know what the heck I was thinking.
whyme.gif

Girl, I know right I got mine in dark brown, it works but I think I should've gotton off black. Where did you get yours from (whats the name of the company) Mine are called Outra (or something like that). I really like them, plus there is just so many to choose from. How do you wear your hair underneath? I have been wearing my hair natural and cornrolled underneath. I think I have found my winter solution.

I have a Sensationnel one, the spring curly one. When I wore mine, I just put my hair in one fat cornrow and pulled it on.
laugh.gif

I like them and if my hairstlyist doesn't call me back about when she can redo my weave, I'll be wearing one again!

Quick weaves here or rather what they call quick weave here is very damaging, I had my hair done this way a few time about two years ago and pullout a bunch of my hair when removing it. The way its done here is, your hair is gelled down then drien hard under a hooded dryer, then glue is put on your hair in the style you want. The glue is put on top of the hair. Needless to say, I lost a lot of hair trying to remove it. I'm so glad that I'm more informed about whats good and not so good for my hair than I used to be.

ladydee, i'm positive that's not what they're talking about. why the heck woudl you have let them do that to you?! that soudns AWFUL!!! i'm so glad you say you're now more informed. yikes!

ladydee, i'm positive that's not what they're talking about. why the heck woudl you have let them do that to you?! that soudns AWFUL!!! i'm so glad you say you're now more informed. yikes!

OH NO what I'm taking about is totally different, but they also call it a quick weave aka instant weave here lol. I know what you mean by your definition of quick weaves- I've heard of those types too, I never tried that and never will because it sounds too damaging. What I'm taking about is like a wig peace with a comb attachment, no glue, no gel, no wrapping. Just throw it on and go, its fun and easy!! And not most of all I don't think its damaging. Next time you should try one of these instead, they sell them at hair stores
smile.gif

Okay, I know that one too. As a matter of fact, I've got two or three of them myself. We just call them hair pieces.

I wear a quick weave like lady dee and I do not loose any hair. It is a great protective style. I wear ine for like 2 weeks until the glue gets old and startsd to loosen then I drown the track with oil shreen and the track and the glue slides right out. I know alot of woemn whom have successfully grown their hair usuing this method. You jut have to be really careful when removing it. However, the combs form my instand weave over time did cause damage to my hair.

does this have glue on it? is it something that need to be glued to your scalp? I would like to get one of these, where can you get them from? thanks

the instant weaves is just liek a drawstring ponytail and u can get it from any beauty supply. I don't think Slaly's has them however.

The instant weave? That doesn't need to be glued in, it's 3/4 a wig with 2 combs for insertion. The quick weave is glued on. What some people do is gel their hair back until it's hard, and lay the wefts of hair on with the glue on them. Then, you press and wave a blowdryer over it, preferably on a cool setting.

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
The instant weave? That doesn't need to be glued in, it's 3/4 a wig with 2 combs for insertion. The quick weave is glued on. What some people do is gel their hair back until it's hard, and lay the wefts of hair on with the glue on them. Then, you press and wave a blowdryer over it, preferably on a cool setting.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the one I was talking about. Its too too damaging to the hair and if anyone's even thinking about getting this done. STOP, DONT If I had known about this board back in 2001 and 2002, knowing then what I know now; I never would have had it done to mine either. The thought of being able to grow my hair out to longer lengths just never occured to me that it was possible to me as a black woman. I truly believed that I was meant to have short hair and there was nothing that could change that. So hair was not important to me cause I always felt that if it broke off or fell out, I could always wear a veave or a wig. Hair huh who cares.

Karonica,
How long was it on you? It says it's shoulder length and I want to make sure that's what it really is. Do you know how many inches it is from the back down? Thanks
smile.gif

The curly one I have isn't longer than my shoulders in the back, perhaps just shoulder. In the front, it was shorter.
smile.gif

Edited to say: I don't know the measurements, but I'm 5'4" if that helps.
laugh.gif

I want this one
[image]http://beautyandi.com/shop/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=10&products_id=40[/image]

and this one.....
[image]http://beautyandi.com/shop/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=10&products_id=35[/image]

I was thinking about getting the first one you have listed too. The width of it would seem slimming on my face.
smile.gif

I bought one (Outra - Teri style) and I looove it, I've worn it everyday for the past three weeks and it looks so natural.

It's a great alternative to actually have to deal with doing my hair. I'm going to get some more soon

I bought 2 this weekend but I forgot what brand they are pone is called Jamavcian Girl and the other is called Monrovia Girl. I will try to find the site. If not I will just poist pics in my album soon

Back