RabiaElaine's Weave Regimen

glamazon386

scarcity21 said:
hi Rabia, how can u achieve this with natural hair using no heat?

You'd probably have to get all of your hair covered. That's what I usually do. Unless you want to attempt to rollerset the hair that's left out in the front. I don't think that's going to keep Type 4 hair straight.

luvmesumhair

bmoreflyygirl said:
You'd probably have to get all of your hair covered. That's what I usually do. Unless you want to attempt to rollerset the hair that's left out in the front. I don't think that's going to keep Type 4 hair straight.

Hey, I am new to this site and I see a lot of type this and type that hair. What do each number mean? Like, what is type 4 hair?:confused:

HighlyFavored1

I'm thinking of getting weaves for this summer. What is the main advantage of getting vertical braids instead of the horizontal ones? TIA!

scarcity21

bmoreflyygirl said:

BMORE, what would the closure look like though?

glamazon386

scarcity21 said:
BMORE, what would the closure look like though?

It depends on the type of hair. With curly hair, I just sewed mines in a circle. When I had straight hair, she did bangs and at the top it kind of looked like a part. There was no track showing though. IDK how she did it.

HighlyFavored1 said:
I'm thinking of getting weaves for this summer. What is the main advantage of getting vertical braids instead of the horizontal ones? TIA!

Mainly bc they're easier to do. They're also easier to take out, and allow the weave to lay flatter. My braids always got bulky in the middle of my head with teh horizontal ones. They also unraveled quicker from washing. Also it's less stress on your hair, bc if they're horizontal, the track is also going horizontal and pulling on your hair. The weight would be distributed more easily across vertical braids.

Last edited:

RabiaElaine

scarcity21 said:
hi Rabia, how can u achieve this with natural hair using no heat?

You could try rollersetting the hair that's left out and letting it airdry and then wrap it. My hair is texlaxed so I have to flat-iron the little bit that's left out to ensure it blends properly.

RabiaElaine

Sweetg said:
;) This thread is what got me on self-weaving. I'm on my 2nd installment now. I have spanish wave in my hair. There's a bit of shedding but I really like it because with my natural hair i just do a braid out and blend.

Will post pics when i get a chance.

RABIAElaine is the truth!!

:) :)

Awww thanks!! I'm glad I could inspire someone else to self-weave!

RabiaElaine

HighlyFavored1 said:

Sorry I'm so behind in answering these questions. I like vertical braids because I think they provide the flatest weave and the weight of the hair is spread across each braid instead of on one braid. If you use horizontal braids and you sew a track straight across that braid every time you comb/brush the weave you are pulling on that one braid. If you use vertical braids that weight is spread across the other braids. Vertical braids are also much easier to put in. and you don't need a lot of them, I typically do 5-6 in my own head.

pistachio

Good info!! Thanx!! I like weaves too esp. the clip on weave but except I wear cornrows underneath with a net over it, as a FULL weave with a closure too. I want no part of my hair exposed, plus it's much quicker too. I like weaves because it's the only way I keep from being tempted to relax too soon.