rajasthani henna?

God_Favor

Hello All,
I finally found a Indain store close to me!!
I bought a few things and have a few questions??

How do you use the Dabur Vatika and amla oil??????

Also has anyone heard of rajasthani henna?? It's says it is for body and hair and 100% natural. It is a brownish -green color and it says it will leave your hair dark brown?? HELP!
TIA

I'm glad you found a spot! :) I've never heard of that kind of henna before. I go to Cherians in Decatur. Where do you go?

God_Favor said:
Hello All,

Also has anyone heard of rajasthani henna?? It's says it is for body and hair and 100% natural. It is a brownish -green color and it says it will leave your hair dark brown?? HELP!
TIA

This is the brand of henna that I first purchased from the Indian store before I ordered from hennaforhair. It works just as well as the one from hennaforhair but the only thing I didn't like was that it made my hair dark brown and I didn't want to change my hair color.

I use Amla Oil and I love it. I use it as a pre-poo, like you would a hot oil treatment, or as a overnight treatment and wash in the morning. I also use the Amla Lite nightly and as a final oil treatment after washing and conditioning, as just rinse the hair. Did I say that I love it.

kitchen_tician said:
I'm glad you found a spot! :) I've never heard of that kind of henna before. I go to Cherians in Decatur. Where do you go?

Thanks!
I found one off of Lawerencville ext in Decatur it's in a plaza across from Noeth Dekalb Mall it called Super Bazzar. Where in Decatur is Cherians??

God_Favor said:
Hello All,

I did buy "dabur Vatika" but only use it on my body. It's amla mixed w/ a bunch of other unk stuff that I don't put in my hair (mineral oil) so what I do, is buy amla powder, and steep it in a glass air tight jar in several oils of my choice including some essential oils for the scent that I like.
TIA
http://hennaforhair.com
if you are permed, you need to only used body art quality (baq) henna. Henna is naturally a red color. If you have dark hair, over several applications you might see reddish highlights in the sun. For most, you don't see results on the first try. THere's lots of good info on the site. Check it out. :D

God_Favor said:
Thanks!
I found one off of Lawerencville ext in Decatur it's in a plaza across from Noeth Dekalb Mall it called Super Bazzar. Where in Decatur is Cherians??

It's down the street from there, closer to church street. I'm not good with directions. It's a grocery store, but they sell other stuff too, even Jamila.

Cherians
751 Dekalb Industrial Way
Decatur, GA 30033View Map
404-299-0842

I just purchase this as well. Do anyone now know about it. It can be used on the body as well as the hair. I got it because I wanted darker hair. I will do a search on line as well

http://hennaforhair.com
if you are permed, you need to only used body art quality (baq) henna. Henna is naturally a red color. If you have dark hair, over several applications you might see reddish highlights in the sun. For most, you don't see results on the first try. THere's lots of good info on the site. Check it out. :D

I just purchase this as well. Do anyone now know about it. It can be used on the body as well as the hair. I got it because I wanted darker hair. I will do a search on line as well

Lady R...if u want darker hair I believe u need indigo to use in addition to the henna. Not sure if its mixed in or applied afterwards...but I know the ladies going for black hair use indigo with their henna.

I use Rajasthani henna that I buy directly from an Indian exporter. It works fine for my hair. The color will not release if you do not 1) mix it with amla oil (which is acidic); 2) add ACV; 3) let the dye release for a long period of time by letting the mixture sit before you use it; 4) add hot water and 5) leave it on for longer than 30 min.-1 hr.

If you want black hair, apply the henna first for about 30 min.-1 hr. then apply the indigo for about 1 hr. - 1.5 hr. OR
If you want dark brown hair, mix the henna and the indigo in either equal amounts or with slightly more indigo.

Thanks alot. I'm not so looking for color release as I am the treatment. I just got it because it said Dark Brown so I wanted to see how that would be. I am going to try indigo but I am going to have to order it online because the local indian store does not have it. I really just want the shine and the thickness.

I had used henna before but always had dryness problem but I wanted to give it one more try following JanuaryNoir instructions.

I use Rajasthani henna that I buy directly from an Indian exporter. It works fine for my hair. The color will not release if you do not 1) mix it with amla oil (which is acidic); 2) add ACV; 3) let the dye release for a long period of time by letting the mixture sit before you use it; 4) add hot water and 5) leave it on for longer than 30 min.-1 hr.

If you want black hair, apply the henna first for about 30 min.-1 hr. then apply the indigo for about 1 hr. - 1.5 hr. OR
If you want dark brown hair, mix the henna and the indigo in either equal amounts or with slightly more indigo.

Hello All,

TIA
hi there.
rajasthani henna is just henna from rajasthan. almost all henna/mehendi is greenish/brownish color. but what we go by is the henna from india is better is the powder is green. yemeni and moroccan is usually more brown.
ok back to the point of making your hair brown. i use a mix of amla powder "not oil" shikakai, bhringraj and areetha powders. boil a strong 2 cups of tea.4 bags in 2 cups of water. mix all powders together and then place it in an iron vessel. and put a lid on it. i put foil then the lid. use it the next day.
it does work to make it dark brown. i put some henna in without the tea and iron vessel and it came out the nice typical orangy color.

now for the amla oil i don't use dabur's or emami's it has mineral oil. dabur's vatika is coconut with amla etc. i use it on my scallp and ends.

Om Tat Sat

Back