RAVE- DRC 28

NYCITY

I am two weeks post relaxer and i did a DRC 28 treatment yesterday and my hair looks great! It's strong and shiny. I was worried the treatment would make my hair dry but i was the opposite. The main thing is to remember to follow with a moisturizing conditioner....

Anyone else uses this product?

pmichael52172

When I was going to my stylist, she used this after every touch up (6 weeks) and each time she would say the same thing, "Your hair is so strong... see, pull on it! It's so shiny!".

Since I stopped going to her, I contemplated doing my own but didn't want to pay that much for it. I keep getting tempted to buy the cheaper Aphogee but haven't because the DRC is a sure thing.

I've decided to stick with DRC... now if I can just find someone on the board who's selling it or put away some pennies to buy it, I'll be straight.

Thanksk for the review.

NYCITY

Your'e welcome. It's pricey but worth it. And it will help you maintain your length. I will definitely start using this once a mth.

Empress Yahudah

DRC did its deed with me when i was trying to get my hair back strong due to lots of dye jobs ... it helped saved the day... i dont use it now tho since my hair is healthy its too strong for me now ....I use mild protiens more often now but i recommend it for those who need to get thier hair strong or use alot of heat

LABETT

DRC-28 has been my staple heavy duty protein treatment for 10 years now and I will never stray.

growinstrong

Yes, DRC is da truth. I relax every 8 weeks and so I use DRC 2 weeks post and then 6 weeks post and my hair stays healthy and shiny. Definetely a staple for me.

Ms. Plain Jane

DRC did its deed with me when i was trying to get my hair back strong due to lots of dye jobs ... it helped saved the day... i dont use it now tho since my hair is healthy its too strong for me now ....I use mild protiens more often now but i recommend it for those who need to get thier hair strong or use alot of heat

How often did you use it when your hair was dyed?

Be careful not to use this to much! I used it four years ago and had MAJOR breakage!!!!

I am two weeks post relaxer and i did a DRC 28 treatment yesterday and my hair looks great! It's strong and shiny. I was worried the treatment would make my hair dry but i was the opposite. The main thing is to remember to follow with a moisturizing conditioner....

Anyone else uses this product?

gymfreak336

I like DRC too. A stylist used this on me once after a relaxer. Another knock off version of this that works really well just 6 bucks is Softsheen Duo Tex. You can find it at sallys.

MadisonK

Be careful not to use this to much! I used it four years ago and had MAJOR breakage!!!!

So, is once a week too much? I just used it for the first time and I didn't see much difference, but I'm willing to keep using it to see.

For everyone concerned about the money...i have waist length hair that's very thick. I used ONE ounce and I coated EVERY strand of hair. So, 16 oz will last a long time.

gymfreak336

So, is once a week too much? I just used it for the first time and I didn't see much difference, but I'm willing to keep using it to see.

For everyone concerned about the money...i have waist length hair that's very thick. I used ONE ounce and I coated EVERY strand of hair. So, 16 oz will last a long time.

Once a week is too much. This is strong protein. Try once every 6 weeks or so. For a better milder weekly protein treatment try the aphogee 2 minute reconstructor, aubrey organics gpb, motions cpr, nexxus keraphix, or ors mayo and the ors replenishing pack.

Empress Yahudah

How is everyone using it? Can I use it this evening if I'm going to perm my hair this Saturday?

Its best to use after ur relaxer because relaxers break down protein bonds so using it days before getting ur relaxer isnt helpful.
I would recomend using it like the instructions say I believe every 6 weeks
I found that now that my hair is in good condition even every 6 weeks is to much so I opt for milder protein treatments or conditioners.

Last edited:

MizzBrown

:dollar: Ummm, I checked the DRC out on Amazon.com Why so much?:perplexed $53.99 for 16 oz ?? Does it have Swarovski crystals floating at the bottom or something. Yall werent kidding when you said it was expensive. What makes it so pricey? I've never seen it in a salon before. Why is this top secret?

I just used the Aphogee two step treatment. It was alright. I'll see how many strands I shed in the next couple of days to really tell.

berry87

:dollar: Ummm, I checked the DRC out on Amazon.com Why so much?:perplexed $53.99 for 16 oz ?? Does it have Swarovski crystals floating at the bottom or something. Yall werent kidding when you said it was expensive. What makes it so pricey? I've never seen it in a salon before. Why is this top secret?

I just used the Aphogee two step treatment. It was alright. I'll see how many strands I shed in the next couple of days to really tell.

Lmao :lachen: too funny!

MadisonK

Once a week is too much. This is strong protein. Try once every 6 weeks or so. For a better milder weekly protein treatment try the aphogee 2 minute reconstructor, aubrey organics gpb, motions cpr, nexxus keraphix, or ors mayo and the ors replenishing pack.

Ok...thanks for the response! I'll try it every 6 weeks! :grin: