RAVE: Nexxus Heat Protexx

RabiaElaine

Hi Ladies :)

I'm on a low heat challenge for the next 5 months. Using heat 1-2x per month. Anyway I decided that when I did need to use heat that I would need to get myself a good heat protectant. After doing some research, I decided to use Nexxus Heat Protexx.

I washed/conditioned my hair. Rollerset then sprayed with the heat protexx before going under my dryer with my hair on low. I then flat ironed my hair (i'm texlaxed so I need to flat iron to get my hair perfectly straight). I sprayed each piece of hair with the heat protexx before touching it with the flat iron.

My hair came out soooooooo smooth. I lost very very few hairs, even after combing...which I usually lose more.

This stuff is going into my rotation when i need to heat style! :D

Iansan

I have it but am undecided about it. How do you dry your hair before you flatiron it? Also, what other products do you use in conjunction with the heat protexx? Maybe I am using too much product.

goldensensation

I love this stuff. I only use it after my hair has been washed and dried (with a leave-in and some oils). It doesnt weigh my hair down and it feels as if it soaks in as opposed to just coating the hair. I've been using it for a few months and I love it.

Last edited:

sweetcashew

My cousin, who is a thick 4b, tried this last weekend. She was raving about it too. she said her hair felt like silk and it was bouncy.

joyous

Thanks for the review. I been watching this for a while. I'm definitely going to try it now.

RabiaElaine

buttafly said:
I have it but am undecided about it. How do you dry your hair before you flatiron it? Also, what other products do you use in conjunction with the heat protexx? Maybe I am using too much product.

I rollerset my hair. Before putting in the rollers I moisturized with NTM leave in. My hair wasn't weighed down at all :)

JLove74

I picked up some yesterday and I love it. It's very light, doesn't weigh my hair down and I really like the smell. I used it on my hair after washing, before blowdrying and sprayed all over before flat ironing.

This is a keeper!!!

JazzyDez

I've been eyeing this everytime I go to the store also. I rarely use heat on my hair but I haven't been wearing my hair out either. I think I am going to pick some up for the times that I do decide to flat iron. Thanks for the review :)

hot_pepper96

I used this last night for the first. It could be that my hair just damaged, because it was bouncy but there was no shine and it was dry. I did notice a lighter, airier feel to my hair though.

joyous

I finally tried this and was really disapponted. I didn't like it at all. It is now under my sink in the hair care graveyard.