Raw Food Diet and Hair Growth !?

berry87

Have any of you ladies seen a significant amount of hair growth by eating raw foods?

Raw food for those of you who dont know is "a lifestyle promoting the consumption of uncooked, unprocessed, and often organic foods as a large percentage of the diet. Depending on the type of lifestyle and results desired, raw food diets may include a selectıon of raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds (including sprouted whole grains), Uncooked/heated foods" etc

Moroni

I've not sustained a 100% RF diet for longer than 2 weeks, but I do know that during the month of my 10-day juice fasts and the 10-day RF transition afterward my NG has been more pronounced. I have another fast coming up in a couple of weeks, which will also be shortly after a relaxer, so I will post my results. I'm wondering how I'm going to tell if its ONLY due to RF, though, because I'm also using some topicals, hair vitamins and ......

berry87

hmm that would be a bit difficult! Perhaps you can measure how much your hair normally grows. Then measure the growth again when you eat a lot of raw foods. Then again:spinning:

Dogmd

Nope, my hair grew the same. I was 100% raw for 30 days, then 80%raw for 4 months afterwards.

I did however detox thru my scalp while eating raw and afterwards my hair was silkier and stronger. It was pretty crazy, see this thread...

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=97913

turns out it was detox. The day I posted that was day 26 of 100% raw diet.

Isis

I did 100% raw for about 11 months and I never felt better! I had not started my hair journey yet but my hair was healthier-looking (in spite of not knowing anything about hair). Since then I eat about 80% raw and I feel it does contribute to healthier, thicker hair. :yep:

berry87

I did 100% raw for about 11 months and I never felt better! I had not started my hair journey yet but my hair was healthier-looking (in spite of not knowing anything about hair). Since then I eat about 80% raw and I feel it does contribute to healthier, thicker hair. :yep:

Wow Isis! Thanks for the info :yep: