RE: Twilight-books and movies - I have to say this

luthiengirlie

The 3D movie...there's something disturbing about manipulating humans and transferring a person's "being" into another body. I also thought this movie was innocent enough, but got turned off when the guy took the Lord's name in vain... I drifted off to asleep right after that.

The interesting thing about Avatar is after watching it, there were so many people that were suicidal, they HATED the world they live in, they despised their humanity. How could we be so evil they lamented. Something must change. I want to be in another body. If you reasearch this. This is what the sentiment was. I saw it and I thought it was beautiful and very chartaristically true. But never felt suicidal. I guess that is what the blood of Yeshua does. It protects you from things like that

LovingLady

It starts with the implanting of RFID chips which is what they're tryna do now with vaccines supposedly and it gets activated later supposedly if you choose the Beast.

This is theory. I may be utterly wrong. But yes you see evidence of transhumanist thought more and more. Especially in music.

Thank you for the link. I am going to have to do some serious praying and worshiping before I read what you sent to me, but I will get back to you. If they are really using vaccines :perplexed :nono:.

This is not the first time this week that I have heard that music is corrupting people. Here is the link to the youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsZXSZFsZDQ

There are 10 parts total.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Well, that was my spirit rejecting all this darkness... It really is important for me to guard my eye gate, ear gate, etc., felt like I got suckered when I watched that nonsense; but I praise God, truly, for his Holy Spirit.

The transhumanist efforts sounds like free-thinking man's way of replacing the Holy Spirit, for I believe it's only through the Holy Spirit and not machines or our own intellect we can achieve true Wisdom. The only true SuperHuman is one filled with the Holy Spirit, one who gets guidance from God and applies their Faith in the Natural to His guidance.

The interesting thing about Avatar is after watching it, there were so many people that were suicidal, they HATED the world they live in, they despised their humanity. How could we be so evil they lamented. Something must change. I want to be in another body. If you reasearch this. This is what the sentiment was. I saw it and I thought it was beautiful and very chartaristically true. But never felt suicidal. I guess that is what the blood of Yeshua does. It protects you from things like that

LovingLady

For the last two few weeks I have been hearing, from many different sources, that when people do not follow the ways of the Lord, when they place trust in themselves, it is similar to saying: "there is a god and I am he." Transhumanism seems to be following along that path.

"The viewpoint of end time humanity is one of animosity toward God. Humanity will view its limitations as arbitrary obstacles erected by God. As a result, humanity will prepare for battle against the Lord in an effort to break the shackles of its perceived oppressor."

"After all, it seems reasonable to assume that humanity will have to undergo some sort of radical transformation in order to plot a war against God Almighty. The arrogant impulse already exists. All that remains is the need for an exponential increase in human power which deludes humanity into believing it can overcome the Lord of lords."

1st bold: God is amazing, the only obstacle people have is when they do not listen to Him.

2nd and 3rd bold: That is so sad. :nono:

luthiengirlie

For the last two few weeks I have been hearing, from many different sources, that when people do not follow the ways of the Lord, when they place trust in themselves, it is similar to saying: "there is a god and I am he." Transhumanism seems to be following along that path.

"The viewpoint of end time humanity is one of animosity toward God. Humanity will view its limitations as arbitrary obstacles erected by God. As a result, humanity will prepare for battle against the Lord in an effort to break the shackles of its perceived oppressor."

"After all, it seems reasonable to assume that humanity will have to undergo some sort of radical transformation in order to plot a war against God Almighty. The arrogant impulse already exists. All that remains is the need for an exponential increase in human power which deludes humanity into believing it can overcome the Lord of lords."

1st bold: God is amazing, the only obstacle people have is when they do not listen to Him.

2nd and 3rd bold: That is so sad. :nono:

I wonder why I am so open to God revealing me this truth. Would be so easy to ignore and call this delusional. Hmm. I have been reading the Book of Enoch. Its a powerful testament to our time.

nathansgirl1908

I respond differently on this issue depending on the work that is in question.

I read the entire Harry Potter series and felt fine. But there are other books and movies that leave me feeling uneasy and I sense a demonic spirit about them. I think it just depends on the focus. Although the Harry Potter series involved witchcraft, I felt that the focus on the book was really more about adolescent troubles, with a more unique spin on it. In the end, good always prevailed over evil and in many instances, the things that helped Harry defeat the villain in the end were love, friendship, and goodness. He didn't always use magic spells for everything. And I think that JK Rowling was trying to teach important lessons. I also don't think that she had the "wrong spirit" when creating and writing the series. There are some people who write and create these kinds of movies and books and they are heavily involved in demonic things. I think when that is the case it comes through clearly and people of God recognize it and stay away from it. I will also add that i never felt convicted while reading Harry Potter.

But I think that sometimes people just view this stuff for sheer entertainment, and they are not affected by it. I haven't seen Avatar and I never followed the Twilight stuff because it just wasn't interesting to me.

LovingLady

For me if it is against the Lord, it is against the Lord. I have read and watched the Harry Potter series and have enjoyed them very much. Avatar was a great movie as well, but now that I know how God feels about it I am going to stay away from it. There maybe a good message behind it but witchcraft is still being involved. I rather be too careful then to be sorry.

Have you ladies heard about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter that opened yesterday?

Here is the video: Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Here is the article: Harry Potter Park Jam-packed.

michc

For me if it is against the Lord, it is against the Lord. I have read and watched the Harry Potter series and have enjoyed them very much. Avatar was a great movie as well, but now that I know how God feels about it I am going to stay away from it. There maybe a good message behind it but witchcraft is still being involved. I rather be too careful then to be sorry.

Yes and AMEN to the bolded

TheGrimPhreaker

As a former witch, I will say that, those that believe it is "only entertainment", you are funding these people no matter what. And yes you are protected by God, however, it you WILLINGLY open the door for satan, you are casting a spell over yourself and allowing demons to come into your life whenever they please. This is in reference to books, movies, music--you ARE protected by God, until you push Him aside for a little entertainment. It's the oldest trick in the book and the point is for Christians to be INDIFFERENT about seeing witchcraft and pass it off as wholesome fun.

Last edited:

SweetTea

When you say former witch, do you mean you used to be Wiccan? If so, was it because of magic entertainment? I read the Harry Potter books when I was younger (eighth grade). I found them fun at the time, but I've since grown out of them. I currently have them on my bookshelf as fancy bookends, but I think it's best if they just go. I'll probably donate them to the library. Anyway, my friend became Wiccan after reading the Harry Potter books. It's interesting how some people are more easily swayed than others. I've always believed in God, but I wasn't "actively" Christian in eighth grade. Still, the books were nothing but fiction to me and I never desired to practice magic (it wasn't real to me anyway) or become a witch. Because to me, while Harry Potter was one thing, I always thought that in real life there was no such thing as "good witches."

TheGrimPhreaker

When you say former witch, do you mean you used to be Wiccan? If so, was it because of magic entertainment? I read the Harry Potter books when I was younger (eighth grade). I found them fun at the time, but I've since grown out of them. I currently have them on my bookshelf as fancy bookends, but I think it's best if they just go. I'll probably donate them to the library. Anyway, my friend became Wiccan after reading the Harry Potter books. It's interesting how some people are more easily swayed than others. I've always believed in God, but I wasn't "actively" Christian in eighth grade. Still, the books were nothing but fiction to me and I never desired to practice magic (it wasn't real to me anyway) or become a witch. Because to me, while Harry Potter was one thing, I always thought that in real life there was no such thing as "good witches."

You're absolutely right-- there AREN'T good witches. Witches with someone what good intentions, but they draw their power from one that has NO good intentions AT ALL.

No not wiccan (which by the way, call themselves witches as well), just plain old black magick. I found myself EXTREMELY amused at how people find these books/movies as just entertainment, when more than often, movie directors use REAL witches, to consult on the realistic feel of rituals, ouija board summonings and such. And the more me we" Hee HEE haw HAW it's just for giggles!", the more witches go "HEHEHEHE hahahahaha you people are fools!" Trust me. Especially since the church of satan moved from san francisco to nyc (ironically in Hell's Kitchen, NYC) people don't know it/ don't WANT to know it, but alot of TELEVISION and periodical companies actually invest in the church of satan and it's cause. I will not out their site on here but Google is your friend. I've gone to their site, and I've felt like my life was being drained from me. Go at your own risk.