RE: Twilight-books and movies - I have to say this

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
My dear sisters, be careful, the author of twilight got her story through chaneling, which means that she was helped by a demon trough dreams, she says it herself (sort of)on her website. We need to be careful about very popular books and series like twilight and harry potter. eventhough there are virgins mariage and decency it this, it is a trap for everyone to accept the whole thing as ok. those books DO NOT honor Jesus and God.
The world is beeing prepared to accept witchcraft, vampirism, all evil and all it's fruits as ok little by little. Please I plead with you: do not fall for that. Pray, read the word of God prepare yourselves for the coming of Jesus wich it nearer than we think.
The world is turning into something evil before our eyes. It is the time to separate and choose Jesus he is the way, the truth and the life.

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFb7UQGEEmE

this man talls about the dangers of Twilight series according to the Bible. please watch.
MY dear sisters I love you and I pray for you.
God bless you always
Zanna
Zanna, you were telling the truth. This 'dream' was channeled into Stephanie Meyer's (the author) spirit. :yep:

Everything I've been reading from her website, to the links of her interviews, to the writings of others about her 'Twilight' series confirm that none of this came by way of the spirit of God. satan has a pipeline straight to her spirit.

I'm still reading, but I'm even more in prayer. I simply cannot 'believe' what I been reading from Christians defending a satanic epic. I'm am literally blown away by this. :nono::nono::nono:

Look how far it's gone and this is just a sample of it. This child is being encouraged to disregard her mother's feelings by some of the posters here. Granted there are a few who show respect. But for the most part, it's encouraging this child not to respect what her mother is teaching her regarding Twilight.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090325104146AAqF04q

Peace and blessings to you, Zenith. You didn't come in here to deceive nor mislead anyone. Your heart was in the right place all along. :Rose:

Nice & Wavy

Zanna, you were telling the truth. This 'dream' was channeled into Stephanie Meyer's (the author) spirit. :yep:

Everything I've been reading from her website, to the links of her interviews, to the writings of others about her 'Twilight' series confirm that none of this came by way of the spirit of God. satan has a pipeline straight to her spirit.

I'm still reading, but I'm even more in prayer. I simply cannot 'believe' what I been reading from Christians defending a satanic epic. I'm am literally blown away by this. :nono::nono::nono:

Look how far it's gone and this is just a sample of it. This child is being encouraged to disregard her mother's feelings by some of the posters here. Granted there are a few who show respect. But for the most part, it's encouraging this child not to respect what her mother is teaching her regarding Twilight.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090325104146AAqF04q

Peace and blessings to you, Zenith. You didn't come in here to deceive nor mislead anyone. Your heart was in the right place all along. :Rose:
Thanks for the link. It's funny how those who said "i'm a christian....tell your mom to back off or what's your mom's problem?" If you are a christian, you wouldn't be telling a child that...you would encourage her to "honor your mother and father that your days will be long on the earth!"

Unbelievable....:rolleyes::wallbash:

blazingthru

witches, vampires and the like do not bother me. although I do not look at horror movies. But I don't watch any of this stuff because of how it controls the minds of others. I think this is another way for satan to fool others and make them weak enough for him to get in and control them one way or the other. The man in the cave the one with the legion in him did not wake up that way he had a family a wife and children, He got that way from his many wrong decisions. If God says to suffer not a witch to live among you or warlock, there is no way he would agree with us watching this for entertainment. Another thing. I always wonder how Solomon and strong bible leaders fell away from the living God. I can almost guess that it would be because of the entertainment and interesting customs those people who worship strange Gods did and eventually they got pulled in. While watching these types of movies might seem innocent at first but eventually you find yourself thinking differently then you might have had you never saw such a movie. I know ( as I said before on other post) I learned fear, fear of things I never had a fear of from watching Horror movies.

JinaRicci

I used to watch horror movies. There was something so thrilling about them that I could not describe- I couldn't go to sleep afterwards- scared out of my mind- but still I would watch them. My roommate & I were both Christians - we were like 18 and we knew it was wrong- so we decided that we needed to stop. We would still be tempted though until one day someone gave us a book "He came to set the captives free."

Just thinking about this again gives me chills. You have got to pray continually while reading this book- the author warned upfront that the devil will try to stop you from reading. The book is about a woman who entered the world of witchcraft somewhat naively and tells of the struggles she had to remove herself from it. She was a Christian too. It seems really out there-the woman literally became a bride of Satan -but it was consistent with scripture.

The things that hit home for me was when she spoke of how demons entered-everything from horror movies- what we watch, what we read, what we speak about, our thoughts e.g. if we hate someone- all avenues. They may start out small- less powerful demons and then more powerful ones take over. The devil is always looking for a way in- it's not even about demon possession. The woman found that out when she was recovering- demons would be cast out and re-enter against her will just based on her thoughts.

That taught me that it's not innocent or harmless as we think- nothing that involves these evil forces ever is. Some say you have to read Twilight and see-it's not so bad but I think by the time I do that it's already too late. I love good writing & I notice that even though people may have initial 'hang-ups' about vampires- once they start reading-they move past it because of the romantic story or the writing. That's not a coincidence. The devil starts off small- he gets us comfortable with little things first. And he always, always has a hook.

I believe that the true target for these books are not those already caught up with evil things-for e.g. it's us Christians. What could be sweeter or more fitting than two young people who are waiting to have sex until they are married? We identify with that. The other things we don't like seem to fade into the background. It's like that with everything that Satan tempts us with.

My prayer is that those who are wondering or struggling about this particular issue will be open to looking at the research on this author and similar works of art. Also, whether or not the author intended or is willing to be used for evil doesn't stop the devil. Remember he had the nerve to quote scripture to Jesus to try to tempt him. And above all, take it to God so that the truth can be revealed.

Shimmie

Staff member
Thanks for the link. It's funny how those who said "i'm a christian....tell your mom to back off or what's your mom's problem?" If you are a christian, you wouldn't be telling a child that...you would encourage her to "honor your mother and father that your days will be long on the earth!"

Unbelievable....:rolleyes::wallbash:
I know... :nono: Totally Unbelievable!

See this is where the harm is. bringing children into rebellion not only against their parents who are entrusted by God to bring them up righteously, but to also teach them to rebel against what thus saith the Lord.

This child's mother was only being obedient to the spirit of God. We do not cave into the whims of satan. he is not our God.

I've discovered a lot more of where this trail of Twilight has grown. It's a sad shame that any Christian would support the works of the devil with money that God has blessed them with. :nono: All it's doing is making the kingdom of satan stronger against them.

And this mess about a least children are reading.. WHAT on Earth ? ? ? Are they kidding me? This is what I see all over the Internet regarding the justification of children reading the Twilight series. Why not read the word of God to their children. Why not set the premise of Godly influence rather than the occult.

It's almost (key word: 'almost') funny but yet it's tragic. But it's actually like allowing satan to babysit their child rather than pick up the word of God and Minister life to them. Remember how parents (and I'm guilty) would let the TV babysit their children? Whatever it took to keep them quiet while 'we' did something else. Same principle here. Let satan keep their minds occupied; he's more than obliged to do so; after all he's transforming their minds from the Kingdom of God to his.

Dear Lord... :nono: :nono: :nono: Never thought I'd see or hear this. Never! :nono: Outwardly defending a Vampire. A good one mind you. :rolleyes:

Please show me a good devil and I will rest my case. I'll leave this forum and make a number of folks quite happy. :grin:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I used to watch horror movies. There was something so thrilling about them that I could not describe- I couldn't go to sleep afterwards- scared out of my mind- but still I would watch them. My roommate & I were both Christians - we were like 18 and we knew it was wrong- so we decided that we needed to stop. We would still be tempted though until one day someone gave us a book "He came to set the captives free."

Just thinking about this again gives me chills. You have got to pray continually while reading this book- the author warned upfront that the devil will try to stop you from reading. The book is about a woman who entered the world of witchcraft somewhat naively and tells of the struggles she had to remove herself from it. She was a Christian too. It seems really out there-the woman literally became a bride of Satan -but it was consistent with scripture.

The things that hit home for me was when she spoke of how demons entered-everything from horror movies- what we watch, what we read, what we speak about, our thoughts e.g. if we hate someone- all avenues. They may start out small- less powerful demons and then more powerful ones take over. The devil is always looking for a way in- it's not even about demon possession. The woman found that out when she was recovering- demons would be cast out and re-enter against her will just based on her thoughts.

That taught me that it's not innocent or harmless as we think- nothing that involves these evil forces ever is. Some say you have to read Twilight and see-it's not so bad but I think by the time I do that it's already too late. I love good writing & I notice that even though people may have initial 'hang-ups' about vampires- once they start reading-they move past it because of the romantic story or the writing. That's not a coincidence. The devil starts off small- he gets us comfortable with little things first. And he always, always has a hook.

I believe that the true target for these books are not those already caught up with evil things-for e.g. it's us Christians. What could be sweeter or more fitting than two young people who are waiting to have sex until they are married? We identify with that. The other things we don't like seem to fade into the background. It's like that with everything that Satan tempts us with.

My prayer is that those who are wondering or struggling about this particular issue will be open to looking at the research on this author and similar works of art. Also, whether or not the author intended or is willing to be used for evil doesn't stop the devil. Remember he had the nerve to quote scripture to Jesus to try to tempt him. And above all, take it to God so that the truth can be revealed.
Beautiful Post and Testimony, JinaRicci... :Rose:

It's called "intrigue'; that's what lures 'us' into the mystical and the 'unknown'. satan knows this and uses it to his advantage. It's what tempted Eve in the Garden... "Intrigue".

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

Excellent post!

We are to guard our hearts, for out of it flows the issues of life. Our gates we are to guard as well: eyes & ears. Sin entered the world because of Adam's disobedience. When we are disobedient, we always find that we have a difficult time to come out of a situation, if we come out of it at all. Praise God for His mercy and His grace towards His true sheep!

Nice & Wavy

See this is where the harm is. bringing children into rebellion not only against their parents who are entrusted by God to bring them up righteously, but to also teach them to rebel against what thus saith the Lord.

This child's mother was only being obedient to the spirit of God. We do not cave into the whims of satan. he is not our God.

I've discovered a lot more of where this trail of Twilight has grown. It's a sad shame that any Christian would support the works of the devil with money that God has blessed them with. :nono: All it's doing is making the kingdom of satan stronger against them.

And this mess about a least children are reading.. WHAT on Earth ? ? ? Are they kidding me? This is what I see all over the Internet regarding the justification of children reading the Twilight series. Why not read the word of God to their children. Why not set the premise of Godly influence rather than the occult.

It's almost (key word: 'almost') funny but yet it's tragic. But it's actually like allowing satan to babysit their child rather than pick up the word of God and Minister life to them. Remember how parents (and I'm guilty) would let the TV babysit their children? Whatever it took to keep them quiet while 'we' did something else. Same principle here. Let satan keep their minds occupied; he's more than obliged to do so; after all he's transforming their minds from the Kingdom of God to his.

Dear Lord... :nono: :nono: :nono: Never thought I'd see or hear this. Never! :nono: Outwardly defending a Vampire. A good one mind you. :rolleyes:

Please show me a good devil and I will rest my case. I'll leave this forum and make a number of folks quite happy. :grin:
Well, you know the reason is because us "bible thumpers" are at it again:rolleyes:..I mean, why say anything about something so small...so trivial...so.........innocent?:rolleyes:

I am totally understanding the scripture more and more:

"....I will spew you out of my mouth"

It's so sickening...I feel like I want to vomit:nono:

Excuses, excuses, excuses....and this is why pastors are constantly counseling people dealing with fear, rejection, sexual perversions, etc. They denied the truth of the Word and now they need that very Word to deliver them from the evil they defended:rolleyes:

Nice & Wavy

Beautiful Post and Testimony, JinaRicci... :Rose:

It's called "intrigue'; that's what lures 'us' into the mystical and the 'unknown'. satan knows this and uses it to his advantage. It's what tempted Eve in the Garden... "Intrigue".
Yep, and it's what caused Adam to be disobedient to the Word of the Lord!

Shimmie

Staff member
Well, you know the reason is because us "bible thumpers" are at it again:rolleyes:..I mean, why say anything about something so small...so trivial...so.........innocent?:rolleyes:

Excuses, excuses, excuses....and this is why pastors are constantly counseling people dealing with fear, rejection, sexual perversions, etc. They denied the truth of the Word and now they need that very Word to deliver them from the evil they defended:rolleyes:

Last night I just couldn't get 'past' this. I just couldn't. But you know what? It was meant to come out. I'm the one who has been in the 'dark', because I didn't realize what was happening.

Now I have to deal with it. :nono:

Nice & Wavy

Last night I just couldn't get 'past' this. I just couldn't. But you know what? It was meant to come out. I'm the one who has been in the 'dark', because I didn't realize what was happening.

Now I have to deal with it. :nono:
You are not alone, sis....at all:nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
You are not alone, sis....at all :nono:

Here 'we' go Pastor Wavy; the precious souls of little girls are at 'stake' and it's time to put a 'stake' into the heart of the vampire.

Conversations with Your Daughter
Talking Points on 'Twilight'

By Chuck Colson|Published Date: November 25, 2008

http://thepoint.breakpoint.org/commentaries/1961-conversations-with-your-daughter

The movie Twilight made a staggering $70.6 million at the box office in its opening weekend. To give you some perspective on that, that’s the fourth highest opening weekend for a movie this year. The film website Box Office Mojo reports, “According to distributor Summit Entertainment’s exit polling, 75 percent of Twilight’s audience was female and 55 percent was under 25 years old.”
So chances are if you have a teen or preteen daughter, she’s already seen Twilight. And if she hasn’t, she will want to. That raises some questions for parents: What kind of values is this movie promoting? And how should I talk to my daughter about them?

If you remember Mark Earley’s “BreakPoint” commentary about the Twilight books (which form the basis of the movie), you’ll know that the question being raised here about Twilight’s values is a tricky one.

That’s because, as Mark explained, on the surface, this love story between a vampire and a high school girl looks like it’s selling a pro-abstinence message. And several Christians and conservative commentators have bought into that image and are enthusiastic about it—which isn’t hard to understand.

If we had found a book or a movie that really offered a healthy, chaste, chivalrous vision of romance that was attracting teenagers by the millions, well, that would indeed be cause for rejoicing. And I’d be as eager as anyone to climb on the bandwagon and help promote them.

But unfortunately, I can’t do that this time. Because underneath the surface, there are some truly disturbing themes and ideas in Twilight.

Chief among these is that old, dangerous idea that a “bad boy” can easily be won and tamed by a “good girl”—an idea that has brought heartache to untold millions of good girls.

As a Christian, I obviously believe that redemption and change is possible for sinners. But I also know that human beings alone cannot change each other.

So when you’re talking to your daughter about Twilight, here are a few points you might touch on.

It is not romantic, or safe, when a boy spies on you, follows you, and sneaks into your room without your knowledge (and especially without your parents’ knowledge).

It is not romantic, or safe, when someone tells you he’s dangerous and he’s killed people, to give answers like, “It doesn’t matter,” and, “I’m not afraid.” Again, I’ve worked with repentant murderers in prison. I know firsthand that redemption is possible for them. But that doesn’t mean that what they’ve done doesn’t matter.

It is not romantic, or safe, to try to see how close you and your boyfriend can get to the edge of danger without going over.

And it is not romantic, or safe, to offer yourself up for a boy to do whatever he wants to you—symbolized in the movie by the young heroine asking the vampire to bite her so she can become like him.

I know that Christian parents already have to spend a lot of time undoing the damaging lessons that their children are being taught—by the culture, by their peers, and even by their schools.

But it says something very sad about our culture when we have to argue that a young girl dating a dangerous killer is not a good role model, even if they are being abstinent.

More later... :bookworm:

Shimmie

Staff member
:nono::nono::nono::nono: We are in danger of losing the very souls of our little girls.

The Virgins:

1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten VIRGINS, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

7 Then all those VIRGINS arose, and trimmed their lamps.

8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

11 Afterward came also the other VIRGINS, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Matthew 25:1-13

These babies were mesmerized by Edward and distracted from their real God. Instead of reading the Word of God and instilling prayer and fasting into their lives and hearts, their bedside table was covered in the darkness of Twilight.

Shimmie

Staff member

Excuses, excuses, excuses....and this is why pastors are constantly counseling people dealing with fear, rejection, sexual perversions, etc.

They denied the truth of the Word and....

now they need that very Word to deliver them from the evil they defended :rolleyes:

This is so true that it's grievingly sad. :nono: :nono: :nono:

MuseofTroy

Great thread ladies. I also want to add that the Devil is a fraud and he knows the bible very well. He has had eons to study God's word. With that being said, don't be surprised if some Christian principles are incorporated into occult practices. Afterall the Devil LOVES to mirror what god has but we must remember that he a fraud!

makeupgirl

My dear sisters, be careful, the author of twilight got her story through chaneling, which means that she was helped by a demon trough dreams, she says it herself (sort of)on her website. We need to be careful about very popular books and series like twilight and harry potter. eventhough there are virgins mariage and decency it this, it is a trap for everyone to accept the whole thing as ok. those books DO NOT honor Jesus and God.
The world is beeing prepared to accept witchcraft, vampirism, all evil and all it's fruits as ok little by little. Please I plead with you: do not fall for that. Pray, read the word of God prepare yourselves for the coming of Jesus wich it nearer than we think.
The world is turning into something evil before our eyes. It is the time to separate and choose Jesus he is the way, the truth and the life.

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFb7UQGEEmE

this man talls about the dangers of Twilight series according to the Bible. please watch.
MY dear sisters I love you and I pray for you.
God bless you always
Zanna

No problem, I don't like movies like that. Even when I was unsaved I didn't like movies like that or like Harry Potter so the Lord knows what he's doing when he gives you warnings against such movies that are against his word. Amen Sister!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Add to the list the AVATAR movie... :nono:

and Satan is relentless with the Twilight series, because he's out to suck the LIFE and LIGHT out of children. We are to pray without ceasing. "Eclipse" opens the end of the month and in 2011 they'll shoot not one, but TWO Twilight movies ("Breaking Dawn")...

Twilight released 11/21/2008
Twilight Saga: New Moon released 11/20/2009
Twilight Sage: Eclipse to be released 6/30/2010
Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn part 1 to be released 11/18/2011
Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn part 2 to be released summer 2012

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...t-twilight-story-to-be-split-into-two-films/1

We need to plead the Blood of Jesus on our children...

Last edited:

sidney

Galatians 6:7
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.

If you are listening to curse words, you're gonna curse....eventually. I don't know how scary movies can manifest but I have learned to watch what seeds i allow to be planted.

luthiengirlie

Galatians 6:7
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.

If you are listening to curse words, you're gonna curse....eventually. I don't know how scary movies can manifest but I have learned to watch what seeds i allow to be planted.

I personally know some real life vampires(no they don't drink blood or anything, common misconception) even THEY say something is off about the extreme obsession with twighlight. They feel something demonic who is pretty strong is attached to it. I agree. Because I've been hearing a lot of people who say they don't really like it find themselves not being able to stop watching it. THAT'S deep and it speaks VOLUMES.

Vampires are not sappy romantic blood sucking beings. Far from it. They're powerful life sucking beings who desire nothing more to destroy your sanity. I should know...dealt with one and barely made it and I'm dealing with the after effect still. And its sad that they're being romanticized.

I think this series also prey on the fact that women/girls love the idea of a dark brooding dude falling in love with a girl that's not a model type and would do anything to be with her. That's VERY appealing.

I know what I say sounds strange. But I've learned very early in life that there are things that go bump in the night and we should be thankful for YHWH and the blood of Yeshua. Because all powers must bow down to the name of Yeshua. ALL powers, principalities, humans. All must bow down.

LovingLady

"Twilight Phenomenon Gets Mixed Reaction From Christians "

Click here for the link to the website.

The popular Twilight series, which has spawned a film franchise that releases its second installment, The Twilight Saga: New Moon, Friday, is getting mixed reactions from Christians who alternately see it as a doorway into Satanism or a tool for evangelism.

Since 2005, Mormon author Stephenie Meyer's four novels about a vampire named Edward Cullen who hunts game rather than humans and falls in love with teenager Bella Swan have sold more than 70 million copies. The film adaptation of the first book, Twilight, generated $384 million.

In Forks, Wash., where the Twilight series is set, tourism jumped from 18,000 in 2008 to more than 64,000 so far this year. Christians in the town of 3,200 say interest in the books has not only bolstered the local economy but also created a new mission field.

"Instead of us going into a foreign mission field, God is bringing people here," said Jim Chase, pastor of Forks Assembly of God. "We do friendship evangelism. We show them Christ by our actions, we show them Christ by our attitude."

Member Merle Watson, 79, says he's been able to witness to at least 1,000 people since tourists started checking into the Forks hotel where he works to spend a day visiting sites mentioned in the books. Most, he said, are drawn to the story's romance. One college-age woman even began to cry as she told him about the book's appeal. "I would give anything if someone loved me like that," the woman told him.

"I know I'm getting shot down by some people who say I'm making evil good because vampires and werewolves, they're evil," Watson said. "But the people that are coming in here are searching for love. I think if the churches are not meeting this need, we're failing; we're falling short. It's just love they're looking for."

Youth minister Kimberly Powers takes a similar view. After talking with dozens of Twilight fans, she found that the books tapped into a deep longing for love and meaning.

"The girls weren't coming for the vampires, they were coming for the love story," said Powers, co-founder of Walk the Talk Youth Ministries and author of Escaping the Vampire. (Read more about vampire-themed Christian books.)

"These girls are just longing to be accepted," she added. "I've seen this for years and years. This is just another way of drawing them."

Powers wants her book and a forthcoming conference series to compel Twilight readers to see Jesus as their rescuer and hero. "I want girls to think, I thought Edward Cullen was the thing, but wow, Jesus is truly my rescuer and hero," Powers said. "There just is no comparison. They can get swept up in God's epic story of love. Why settle for fiction when you can have the real thing?"

Iowa minister Bill Schnoebelen, a former Satanist who practiced vampirism for several years, says Christians should avoid Twilight altogether. Unlike fantasies such as The Lord of the Rings, Twilight can spur a dangerous fascination with the occult, he says.

Since Anne Rice's novel Interview With the Vampire and the subsequent film adaptation, Schnoebelen said interest in vampirism has been slowly increasing as a subset of Satanism and the Goth subculture. Now, he says, hundreds of people drink blood as part of vampire cults.

"Yes, [Twilight] is partly fantasy, but there are people who do these things," he said. "It's a false religion."

Even though many Twilight fans may not explore vampirism, he said the books are giving it a dark kind of glamour. "It's a hard thing to get out of," said Schnoebelen, who came to Christ in 1984 and now leads With One Accord Ministries to help others find deliverance from occultism. "If it wasn't for the grace of God I'd either be dead or insane somewhere." Schnoebelen's concerns are not only about the book's spiritual content. Having earned a master's degree in counseling in 1990, he said Bella's relationship with Edward is equally problematic.

"She's totally destroyed when he goes away," Schnoebelen said. "The only way she can have any kind of peace is when she goes and does some risky behavior. ... She can't exist without this young vampire man. When you think that these books target teen girls, I think that's very reprehensible."

Author Beth Felker Jones, an assistant professor of theology at Wheaton College, has similar concerns.

"Bella ... is willing to erase herself, give up all her plans, her hopes, her dreams," said Jones, who examines Twilight's themes in Touched by a Vampire. "She becomes only about her love and not about anything else in her life, and I think that's not such a great image of what love ought to be with us or for us."

Jones encourages Christians to make their own decision about whether to read the books or watch the films, but she says those do so should view Twilight through "Christ-centered" eyes.

Some Christian parents applaud the books' promotion of abstinence or the pro-life message presented when Bella faces a life-threatening pregnancy. But Jones worries about Christians' willingness to jump on popular bandwagons if there's even a hint of light.

"Yes, the characters wait until they're married, but ... at the end of the day, [the books] are still very erotically charged," Jones said. "They're still about wanting in really deep ways and that's tied to danger because he's a vampire. There's more to think about than just to say: ‘Oh look, these folks wait. Isn't it great to finally have some book in which this happens.'" Pastor Chase of Forks Assembly of God neither encourages nor discourages his members from reading the books or watching the movie. He says attacks against the Harry Potter books a few years back only made the children in his church want to read them.

"Banning books ... causes people to want to run toward it more," he said. "What we need to be worried about is being Christ to these people as they come to town."

LovingLady

You can read the rest of the review here but this is the part that stood out to me.

Meyer, a Mormon, interjected her book with moral themes with which Christians resonate. For more on this, see this story from teen mag Ignite Your Faith about the books' handling of the supernatural, romantic love and temptation. (While the use of vampires and other "evil" creatures can be offsetting to some Christians, they are not symbolic of demons here. They are merely a story device to create a forbidden and mysterious love interest. In fact—save for about 10 minutes of vampire action at the end—the Cullens could just be a lightly-pigmented family with superpowers.)

Have mercy on us dear Lord. :nono:

Guitarhero

"I know I'm getting shot down by some people who say I'm making evil good because vampires and werewolves, they're evil," Watson said. "But the people that are coming in here are searching for love. I think if the churches are not meeting this need, we're failing; we're falling short. It's just love they're looking for."

Absolutely. And what do many of them find? Somebody who uses them as a hash mark in the numbers they've "won to the Lord." This is not the fraternity that Jesus established. When people begin loving each other no matter their spiritual decisions and actually care about the person first, even moreso than winning their soul to Christ, then it's truly love. People can sense this and it's a very weak point in christians. Thing is, the soul is edified and loved and witnessed to when someone is genuinely concerned about the PERSON in the flesh.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
The 3D movie...there's something disturbing about manipulating humans and transferring a person's "being" into another body. I also thought this movie was innocent enough, but got turned off when the guy took the Lord's name in vain... I drifted off to asleep right after that.

The AVATAR movie that came out already in 3D, or The Last Airbender--the one based on the cartoon?

luthiengirlie

The 3D movie...there's something disturbing about manipulating humans and transferring a person's "being" into another body. I also thought this movie was innocent enough, but got turned off when the guy took the Lord's name in vain... I drifted off to asleep right after that.

What you're speaking of is called transhumanism.

its a movement apparently

It speaks of how our human body is worthless and limits us and how we need to put our souls/essence in machines.

That's in part where the mark of the Beast comes from.

I choose to remain human in a world that screams for us to become transhuman.

LovingLady

To read more about transhumanism click here.

Transhumanism is a way of thinking about the future that is based on the premise that the human species in its current form does not represent the end of our development but rather a comparatively early phase. We formally define it as follows:

(1) The intellectual and cultural movement that affirms the possibility and desirability of fundamentally improving the human condition through applied reason, especially by developing and making widely available technologies to eliminate aging and to greatly enhance human intellectual, physical, and psychological capacities.

(2) The study of the ramifications, promises, and potential dangers of technologies that will enable us to overcome fundamental human limitations, and the related study of the ethical matters involved in developing and using such technologies.

Transhumanism can be viewed as an extension of humanism, from which it is partially derived. Humanists believe that humans matter, that individuals matter. We might not be perfect, but we can make things better by promoting rational thinking, freedom, tolerance, democracy, and concern for our fellow human beings. Transhumanists agree with this but also emphasize what we have the potential to become. Just as we use rational means to improve the human condition and the external world, we can also use such means to improve ourselves, the human organism. In doing so, we are not limited to traditional humanistic methods, such as education and cultural development. We can also use technological means that will eventually enable us to move beyond what some would think of as “human”.

When transhumanists seek to extend human life, they are not trying to add a couple of extra years at a care home spent drooling at one’s shoes. The goal is more healthy, happy, productive years. Ideally, everybody should have the right to choose when and how to die – or not to die. Transhumanists want to live longer because they want to do, learn, and experience more; have more fun and spend more time with loved ones; continue to grow and mature beyond the paltry eight decades allotted to us by our evolutionary past; and in order to get to see for themselves what wonders the future might hold.

luthiengirlie

Could you please expand on this. I know about the mark of the Beast but how does that involve transhumanism?

Thinks this article explains it better than I could and its daunting.
I'd like to know your thoughts.

http://my.opera.com/SavedNotFried/blog/show.dml/12506692

It starts with the implanting of RFID chips which is what they're tryna do now with vaccines supposedly and it gets activated later supposedly if you choose the Beast.

This is theory. I may be utterly wrong. But yes you see evidence of transhumanist thought more and more. Especially in music.