Re-Using Hair after Bonding

Coffy

Hi Ladies!

Has anyone ever re-used hair after bonding? How do you get the bonding glue off the track? I have Bond Remover, but I want to make sure the ingredients do not mess up the hair (mineral oil).

Any tips/suggestions are appreciated. I should mention I'm well aware that it's better to get new hair, but this $70 pack of hair has been in for about 2 weeks so that's definitely NOT an option. I'd like to remove the glue is all.

Thank you! :)

Hi Ladies!

Has anyone ever re-used hair after bonding? How do you get the bonding glue off the track? I have Bond Remover, but I want to make sure the ingredients do not mess up the hair (mineral oil).

Any tips/suggestions are appreciated. I should mention I'm well aware that it's better to get new hair, but this $70 pack of hair has been in for about 2 weeks so that's definitely NOT an option. I'd like to remove the glue is all.

Thank you! :)

Okay. Way back in the day I used to glue in hair. This is probably the number one most unhealthy way to wear extensions. The glue can pull your hair out and it can cause scalp damage. I would suggest sewing the tracks in or adding wig clips (wig clips can snag your hair as well).

To answer your question, I used to use the bond remover oil to remove the tracks. Then I followed with bond remover shampoo to get all the glue out of my head.

To get the glue off the tracks, I simply peeled it off. If any stuck, I used the bond remover shampoo on the weft. I used to use cheap hair, but this method allowed me to re-use it. I cleaned the hair and let it air-dry fully before reapplying.

I wouldn't worry about the mineral oil on the hair...just focus on the weft and try not to get too much product on the hair part. I cringe at the thought of how much of my hair I used to pull out when removing bonded in tracks.

I never reused hair bonded with the black latex glue because I used cheap hair like $30 a pk and it seemed too tedious to remove it from the weft...lol... Try the 30sec pro bond remover. If u are successful with removing the glue then try to sew clips on it to make clips ins. The only glued hair i reuse with no problems are skinweft extensions applied with liquid gold or tape but its a special made weft.

Thank you very much!

I got the glue off by soaking in the bond remover. I wear bonded extensions regularly, however I also visit my stylist when I take them down and I usually leave about a week or so in between reapplication to deep condition and give my head a break. I am extremely careful taking them down to avoid hair loss, but this was the first time I've ever re-used hair. I agree though, it's definitely not the healthiest way to grow your hair out...it's more of a convenience issue for me as I have the in-between stage of hair growth, yuck!

We are going to do the clip-ins next visit. Thank you for the tips!

Back