Reach Goal in 2010 or BUST Challenge!!!

MelsWifey

Hair Fanatic
Hello All! Believe it or not I am not a newbie. I started my hair journey in Nov '04 and since then I have reached goals (mid-back length), back-slid (stopped DC/got perm color), and suffered major set-backs (got major cut due to breakage) :sad:. Well this year is the year that I get back on track and not only reach but MAINTAIN my goals for a lifetime! If I do not obtain healthy, thick, BSL hair in 2010, Jan 1, 2011 I will (drum roll.....) get a BC! Leaving relaxed hair in the past and starting fresh w/all natural hair. When I first started this journey I made a vow to never sacrifice the health of my hair for a style and if relaxing fits into that sacrificial category then so be it!

To achieve this goal and avoid having to cut my hair I first of all need as much motivation and support from you ladies (and men) as possible :yep:. Additionally, I plan on religiously performing the following regimen:

~Daily moisturize w/leave-in and seal w/oil

~Weekly wash
- Pre-poo DC alternating moisture and protien CO under steamer
- Shampoo
- Apply rinse out CO
- Air dry

~CO-Wash in between weekly wash

~Monthly Clarify

~Every 6 weeks strong protien and black rinse

~Every 12-13 weeks relax

~Also part of my regimen is drinking plenty of water, taking multi-vitamin, dusting ends w/every relaxer, only trimming every 6 months. I will air dry and wear my lace front wigs primarily and only rollerset for special occasions. And, by all means, stay out of the hair salon. Unfortunatley I dont have a stylist in my town that gives a flip about long hair so she cuts w/no remorse.

Whooo! That was a mouthful! If anyone else out there is ready to make a drastic change if there goals are not reached this year then please feel free to join me. In a nutshell, ive about had it and this thread will document all the ups, downs, and round abouts of mine and hopefully other challengers 2010 hair journey.

Well, w/o further a due here is my starting point:

Jan 2010.JPG

Everytime I see this pic I just wanna :wallbash: I didnt take pics when i'd reached MBL thinking my hair was invincible and that it was there to stay with or w/o proper care...WRONG!

I will post update pics every 3 months. Other wise i'll add to when ever the mood strikes. Rather to rave or vent. We'll see. Let the journey begin...HHG

MelsWifey

Hair Fanatic
Thanx Lilwomen, I swear I feel like the prodicle (sp?) son! I totally abandoned everything I learned here years ago and now im here to repent and ask for forgiveness, lol. Im not even sure if I covered all the basis. I've seen so many relaxed heads that appeared healthy, but w/mine im starting to question if its even possible...I guess only time will tell!