Reasonably priced hair products that are worth it.

Bmack

I usually always buy Kera care products or Nexxus. More so Kera care. This weighs heavy on my darn pockets. Just this weekend I decided to try optimum shampoo and conditioner instead. I must say it works pretty well and my hair is nappy as heck right about now.

Have you had a similar experience with products that are not pricey but work just as well?

shtow

sunsilk products!!!

I usually buy my more expensive products in liter size when they are on sale to save money. Because they are so large in size, Im set for a pretty long time so I dont have to dig in my pockets much more.

gymfreak336

sunsilk products!!!

I usually buy my more expensive products in liter size when they are on sale to save money. Because they are so large in size, Im set for a pretty long time so I dont have to dig in my pockets much more.

Ditto

Sunsilk has really great leave in creams and conditioners.
Garnier Fructis has a leave in I like and I like the sleek and shine conditioner. Artemis told me that one of their shampoos had a really low pH too which is a plus for me with porosity issues.

I also like Queen Helene Cholesterol.

Herbal essences has some pretty good conditioners, leave ins and styling products. I also REALLY love the Pantene mask.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Co-signing on Sunsilk leave ins, they make me :yay:

So far I've tried the Hydra TLC, Straighten Up and Anti-Frizz (I don't have frizzy hair, I just live in a small city and selection is limited!) They have all been fantastic. I swear every time I try a new one, it's better than the last. I just washed and dc'ed me and my dd's hair and I used the Anti-Frizz leave in for the first time on our hair (I'm a relaxed 4a and she's natural, I don't know her hair type) It left both of our hair SO moisturized and soft. The comb easliy glided through our hair, and we had very little breakage (she lost about 4 hairs and I lost about 20 because I'm 12 weeks post relaxer) I keep feeling all up in her head, cause it smells so good and it's so soft :lol: My hair's super smooth, and I'm fighting the irge to take my hair down and play in it. I have horrilbe HIH disease, and this ain't helpin!

A little also goes a long way with these leave ins. My hair is pretty thick and I only use about a quarter size amount on my whole head.

I :love2: this stuff!

PureSilver

I would say motions products, they worth my every penny and really works. I have most of their products.

prospurr4

I would say motions products, they worth my every penny and really works. I have most of their products.

I agree with this...I love Motions. It was the first line of products that I tried, and they really work well for my hair and my wallet. I have never tried any of the more expensive brands mentioned on this board...no need to.

Last edited:

JerriBlank

Soft sheen carson's Breakthru line really helped my hair. That conditioner seriously stopped my breakage!!The only reason i stopped using it is because it has been discontinued in my area:nono:

Angelicus

I am very frugal, Downright cheap (that's what my friends say) and I even keep a personal care/beauty budget. I always stay within my budget no matter how much of a PJ that I am. I always buy stuff that is cheap. I am so cheap that when I found out how much dominican products cost (high as the dickens) I became an authorized retailer.

I love cheap stuff like suave, Vo5, oils, and everyone knows that I am the food-in-hair queen :king:.

PuffyBrown

I would have to say Elasta QP products also...they are fantastic! IMHO. I have tried almost all of them.

Also,a few LHCF members have posted the Sally's generic Nexxus, and Paul Mitchell products are pretty dang good you might want to give them a try.

I tried the Silk Elegants Conditioner that I got from Sally's it was really good. (The one in the yellow jar).

Vitale Olive Oil Hair Mayonaise...yum yum.

Organic Roots Stimulator Hair Mayonaise and Replenishing pack

Fermodyl 619 by Roux

Roux Porosity Control

Aphoghee 2min Keratin

Oh, Dont for get CON

Thats all I can think of for right now.

You can also find natural butters too like shea, mango, Avocado for reasonable prices too.

(Ayurveda, indian products are very reasonable, if you're into that kind of thing)

Dposh167

Soft sheen carson's Breakthru line really helped my hair. That conditioner seriously stopped my breakage!!The only reason i stopped using it is because it has been discontinued in my area:nono:

I agree! i've been using their moisturizing shampoo and i think its better than CON. Im going to buy their deep conditioner and see how that works out.

yea its very hard to find that line. Its still in my BSS but that's the only store i've found