Recent Study on Hair Growth Oils

Evalina1

According to a article published in a"Women's World" " Stop Hair Loss"
"In a study, rubbing a mix of thyme, rosemary, lavender, cedarwood, jojoba and grapeseed oils in your scalp nightly increased hair growth for 44% of people"

I hope this information is helpful...P.S. I love Woman's World...It has so many articles and studies related to health, fitness, diet, and everyday problems like "How to Stop Hair Loss"

ChocolateSoda

Stop it! You are promoting PJ'ism!!! :grin:

But sounds like a real nice mix since I in love with oils right now!
:bouncegre

I have APOGHEE Essential Oils for hair... I can't remember what's in there but I think a lot of what you listed above. I have not used it yet. Now I gotta run see what's in there when I get home! I tried looking it up on-line, couldn't find ingredients.

locabouthair

I just started massaging my scalp every night with EVOO, rosemary, lavendar, and peppermint. Hopefully I will see some results.

blazingthru

yes I read it to. I also got the vitmins D3 and lost 6lbs in three days. I ate junk food to. I know its was horrible but it was the weekend and I have guest over. So it worked. 2lbs a day.

_belle

*taking notes* now what is d3? and ummm I will NEVER keep any money in my checking account if I stay on lotioncrafters. :lachen:

ChocolateSoda

yes I read it to. I also got the vitmins D3 and lost 6lbs in three days. I ate junk food to. I know its was horrible but it was the weekend and I have guest over. So it worked. 2lbs a day.

Trudy: I know this is the hairboard, but give up the goods on this D3... can you link me the article?

PJ'ism - I have so many hair products & oils and stuff. I'm stocked up for a year or two! And it's impossible to use them all!

blazingthru

Vitimin D3 you take 2,000 or 3,000 a day. its in the same article as WomanWorld. I always buy that mag but I never do anything in there really. They had the coconut oil thing in there to but I wasn't going to take oil everyday. The only oil I would try to get down was Cod liver and that was just to much. Anyway I take three pills a day. I notice that I don't crave sweets and I can get by on much less and if I cheat I don't gain so much as an ounce. Its not good if your not overweight it really only works good for overweight people because we have a deficiency in the vitamin and it keeps yours cells from holding on to the fat. I gain weight if I have one glass of soda or juice. I will gain a pound so of course that had to go. I only drink tea and water now and if I do get a glass of juice in I haven't gained since I been taking the Vit D3. So for now its a keeper.

AllyMD

So I won't be accused of taking this subject too off track, I want to say that I use the essential oil mix and I love it.

Now, Trudy, where do you get your Vitamin D3?

Evalina1

:grin::grin:Oh Please Trudy this is why I love this website..You learn from other people...Thank you .

I know someone asked can I link them to the article..No I can not..sorry..I got this article from "Women's World February 18, 2008"

ChocolateSoda

Vitimin D3 you take 2,000 or 3,000 a day. its in the same article as WomanWorld. I always buy that mag but I never do anything in there really. They had the coconut oil thing in there to but I wasn't going to take oil everyday. The only oil I would try to get down was Cod liver and that was just to much. Anyway I take three pills a day. I notice that I don't crave sweets and I can get by on much less and if I cheat I don't gain so much as an ounce. Its not good if your not overweight it really only works good for overweight people because we have a deficiency in the vitamin and it keeps yours cells from holding on to the fat. I gain weight if I have one glass of soda or juice. I will gain a pound so of course that had to go. I only drink tea and water now and if I do get a glass of juice in I haven't gained since I been taking the Vit D3. So for now its a keeper.

THANKS SO MUCH for the info Trudy!!! I am currenlty taking B50 and a vitamin that gives you 3 servings of fruit/vegetables in one gel cap (I forget the name).

I only bought the B50 so I could take Biotin... still can't take Biotin but I like the energy the B50 gives me so I've been sticking with it.

I just found out that Woman's World does NOT have a website. OMG! :wallbash: I'd love to read that article :perplexed

ChocolateSoda

Thanks for the article Eva! I know essential oils are expensive, What's a good on-line store with reasonable prices?

(Somebody please start a D3 thread in off topics - I have more questions. I'm at work and I ain't did a thang... then I had nerve to go all through downtown looking for a Woman's World mag :drunk: guess I gotta wait till i go to the grocery store. Now I'm swampped with work UGH!)​

gorgeoushair

Puritan Pride has some good sales on essential oils but they might not have all of them you're looking for.

Do you hvae to use a dropper? I just usually pour from the bottle and count the drops when adding to mixtures.

gorgeoushair

Are you taking any other vitamins? What brand of B3 are you taking?

brownsugar25

Just had to chime in.....Taking the B's by themselves dosen't do much good unless you are deficient in that particular B. It is more beneficial to take the B complex with food. Look for the USP stamp on vitamins they are the ones that have been certified and absorb in the gut for sustained energy.......:yep:

blazingthru

Are you taking any other vitamins? What brand of B3 are you taking?
No i am not taken anything right now other then the Vitamin D3. GNC brand because i was at the mall and I didn't want to run around and I did not want to order on line. I paid 10.00 and thats it. I have no side affects. Other then I do not over eat I can resist sweets and I haven't gained any weight even though I ate things I shouldn't have. So I am back to not eating the bad stuff and only eating the good stuff and see what happens over the weekend. I have a huge party coming up July 4th i want to look/and be slim for it this time around.

Evalina1

I am not sure were you can buy essential oils online(sorry) I bought my essential oils from various health food stores... I still can not find thyme oil....I did know thyme can be made in oil. I I bouught all the oils and I also bouught a bottle of oil that has most of the ingredients.
(AYida's Nature Secrets Hail Oil Nourishing and Revitalizing 1oz bottle)
(as you can see I buy to much sh_t)
Ingredients: joboba Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Oil, Rosemary, sage, Tea Tree, Lavender, Bergamot, Vit E, Cedarwood
(Remember I am sharing with my LHCF Sistas what I am trying )
Thank You Evalina

AllyMD

I bought all of my essential oils and all of the carrier oils from Luckyvitamin.com. The prices are reasonable and they send out your items pretty quick. Check them out.

anon123

According to a article published in a"Women's World" " Stop Hair Loss"
"In a study, rubbing a mix of thyme, rosemary, lavender, cedarwood, jojoba and grapeseed oils in your scalp nightly increased hair growth for 44% of people"

I hope this information is helpful...P.S. I love Woman's World...It has so many articles and studies related to health, fitness, diet, and everyday problems like "How to Stop Hair Loss"

Can you tell us more about this study? Did they test each of the oils by themselves? How did they come up with this particular mixture? Did they have a group that did nothing but massage their scalp nightly (with no oils) to rule out it being just stimulation?

ChocolateSoda

:grin:
I bought all of my essential oils and all of the carrier oils from Luckyvitamin.com. The prices are reasonable and they send out your items pretty quick. Check them out.

THANKS! I'll have the check them out!:clapping:

I did some reasearch on the D3 and I did see that GNC has it for $9.99. :grin:

I'm really getting on the natural oils & vitamins kick. Ever since I've been taking my B50 I have felt so much better and my hair LOVES the Indian oils. I think the Essential oils will fit right in.

RZILYNT

I am not sure were you can buy essential oils online(sorry) I bought my essential oils from various health food stores... I still can not find thyme oil....I did know thyme can be made in oil. I I bouught all the oils and I also bouught a bottle of oil that has most of the ingredients.
(AYida's Nature Secrets Hail Oil Nourishing and Revitalizing 1oz bottle)
(as you can see I buy to much sh_t)
Ingredients: joboba Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Oil, Rosemary, sage, Tea Tree, Lavender, Bergamot, Vit E, Cedarwood
(Remember I am sharing with my LHCF Sistas what I am trying )

Thank You Evalina

Try http://www.youngliving.us/products.asp

This is where I ordered Thyme.

RZ~

Last edited: