Recipe for Happy Curls (Texturized Hair)

Nonpareil

Moisturizing, Curl-Encouraging Conditioner - Preferably Suave Humectant (do detangling and comb out now)

Rinse In Shower - Do not disturb the curls, let them clump/form

On soaking wet hair, use NTM Silk Touch Leave-In

Then apply Blue Magic (or African Gold) Curl Activator Gel for Dry Hair - use generous gobs, with head flipped over - apply/scrunch in from the back/nape of neck to top, then flip hair back, apply to sides, top, back - try to coat every curl!

Then apply coconut oil to entire head of hair.

Allow hair to dry up to 90%. You can then use a dryer to pull and stretch out the curls - or you can let it dry completely and scrunch and pull the curls until they are soft (the mild crunch is temporary - just sets the hair - the oil will break the set and make it soft)

Result: Shiny, silky and moisturized, well-defined curls that will last all week, even after being slept on - Even starts to look better as time passes!

My hair has been at its best this week as a result of this - perfect looking wash-n-go that has lasted all week - so I just thought I'd share.

kitchen_tician

Hi Virtuasis /images/graemlins/wave.gif
I just peeked in your album and your corrective texturizer looks great. Your hair is very curly and pretty. Your lace wig looks great also, that color is very pretty. Keep up the good work.

Nonpareil

Oh ANd I forgot to add y'all - when my hair dried it had movement!!! The curls moved in full swing - on windy days, they were blowing in the wind! If you'd like to see pics of the results - see the "'Dos" folder in my album - it's the wash-n-go with the flat twists in the front - there are also pics in my corrective texturizer folder.

ccd

This is now in my favorites file!!! Again you have beautiful curls V!!!!
BTW that avatar is hilarious!!! who is that and why are they getting the *ish knocked out ouf them!!! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

sengschick

The Bun Master
I'll try the Blue Magic Activator since I haven't found the right one for me yet. Sometimes World of Curls makes my hair too soft so the curls don't clump. Stay Sof Fro keeps my curls hydrated but again if I use too much it gets weighed down /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif.

@ccd: I think it's supposed to be Beyoncé being mushed by Jay.

DangerouslyShy

your hair looks so pretty!! I love it!! When AND IF I get my hair texturized I will try what you said...

btw where did you get your wig from?! its cute!

Lorraine

Your hair is so gorgeous. You look so much like a cousin of mine I had to do a double take, girl. Gorgeous curls.