Recs for a protein con to replace eggs mixed with conditioner??

africanqueen456

Okay so this the umpteenth post I have posted:blush:...But I am confused...I always thought Aphogee 2 min was moderate protein.But now that I use on my hair following with moisture just makes my hair mushy...I thought motions cpr was moderate too..Some are saying its mild..Can someone please clarify this?? Are the two moderate proteins or mild ones?

Also can someone recommend a good protein treatment to use in place of egg mixed with con?

*closer*2*my*dreams*

Are you looking for a protein DC or a protein treatment?

There is a difference, in my opinion, between a hardcore protein treatment and a daily/weekly protein conditioner.

I use the ORS hair mayo as my protein DC; but I use Aphogee 2-step as a protein treatment if i have some shedding that I can't control.

*closer*2*my*dreams*

Go with the Aphogee two-step conditioner (not the 2-minute one); it's the best. follow up with the moisturizer and your hair will feel fabolous.

On the flip side, your hair is probably not absorbing the protein well and once you add the moisture, you're getting the mushy feeling. Hair responde differently to different products. What will work well for some, may not work for most.

blackviolet

I use Dudley's DRC28 that's a hardcore protein right? Anyway it works better than the Aphogee 2 min. that I'd been using for years. I found a salon owner who sold me a large bottle for $40.00:grin:

africanqueen456

I am actually scared of using hard protein becuase I am transitioning with almost a years worth of new growth..I heard if used incorrectly it can break your hair..But I am also afraid of how my natural hair will respond to it.

Jetblackhair

Cathy Howse's UBH Protein Conditioner is a good one to try. Protein is the first ingredient (Aloe Vera Concentrate), but it does also contain oils, Peppermint Oil, Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil.

I would then follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.

frizzy

Also, I sometimes use Elasta QP's Before & After protein revitalizing complex. Eight oz. spray bottle...$3.99.

yardgirl

I'm scared to death of hardcore protein. I have the Aphogee 2 Step but I've never used it. I love Aphogee 2 Minute and ORS Hair Mayo.

sheedahp

Ive always had success with ORS Hair Mayonnaise, it makes my hair strong and soft at the same time, It never lets me down. Also ORS has a replenishing pak that is good as well.

*closer*2*my*dreams*

Ive always had success with ORS Hair Mayonnaise, it makes my hair strong and soft at the same time, It never lets me down. Also ORS has a replenishing pak that is good as well.

I agree with the results of ORS; I have started using it as a dry DC versus using it after shampooing and the results are amazing. I left it in overnight and this morning my hair felt so soft and manageable. Especially now that I have color, it's crucial that I use some protein. I was thinking of moving back to the replenish pak though (that's what I used before the hair mayo).

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Try DuoTex, it's a neutral protein filler I learned about on LHCF. It's simple to use. I think the instructions say to leave it on for 5 minutes, then rinse with warm water, then you can proceed with a moisturizing DC.

I believe French Perm Stabilizer is the same type of product, but I haven't used it yet.

ETA- here is a link to a DuoTex thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=97679&highlight=duotex

Actually, this product is comparable to a Porosity Control Product. It has a ph balance of 2.5 and is to be used after a Chemical Service or to restrict/close/seal the cuticle as you would with Porosity Control, Nexxus Ensure or a similar low ph acidifying conditioner:yep:

Nonie

I've never used hardcore protein. I alternate between these reconstructors: Nexxus Emergencée or Aubrey Organics GPB.

Nonie

Actually, this product is comparable to a Porosity Control Product. It has a ph balance of 2.5 and is to be used after a Chemical Service or to restrict/close/seal the cuticle as you would with Porosity Control, Nexxus Ensure or a similar low ph acidifying conditioner:yep:

Isn't there something about a pH lower than 3 not being safe to use on hair? The Perm Stabilizer is supposed to be used on hair that has just been exposed to a strong alkaline so it makes sense that it should have a low pH. I don't think I'd use it on my hair if it wasn't after a chemical relaxer.