Redken Smooth Down line

jasmin

I've heard great things about the smooth down butter but has anyone tried the shampoo and conditioner?

You may want to ask Boadicea
smile.gif
... she loves this stuff!!!!
love.gif

I LOVE the shampoo!
love.gif
love.gif
In fact, it's my favorite product in the entire line! It leaves my hair soooo smooth and silky feeling that it doesn't even need to be followed up with the conditioner. I like the conditioner, but I actually think that it takes away some of the smoothness that the shampoo alone gives. The butter treat is great, though. It is ultra moisturizing, yet it doesn't weigh the hair down AT ALL like some super moisturizing conditioners can. Overall, I'm really impressed with all the products in this line. But, the stand out product, for me, is the shampoo!! This is suprising for me because I usually don't go gaga over shampoos.

I will say that the line as a whole is very perfumey. The shampoo dried out m hair when I first tried it but I realized the week before using it I clarified. So I went back to using my regular, more gentle shampoo for a while. Then I tried it again and it worked just fine. I've used the butter treat and it worked well--about the same as some of the other moisturizing conditioners I use. I tend to like a heavier conditioner though. Finally, I tried the Heat Glide. It's a serum. Less is more. I find this to be the case with all serums.

[ QUOTE ]
caress said:
I will say that the line as a whole is very perfumey. The shampoo dried out m hair when I first tried it but I realized the week before using it I clarified. So I went back to using my regular, more gentle shampoo for a while. Then I tried it again and it worked just fine. I've used the butter treat and it worked well--about the same as some of the other moisturizing conditioners I use. I tend to like a heavier conditioner though. Finally, I tried the Heat Glide. It's a serum. Less is more. I find this to be the case with all serums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto on the shampoo. It dried out and tangled my hair. I find the Smooth Down line to be one of those that you definitely have to follow the directions on. With Butter Treat, I tried to be cute and leave it in for 1 hr. instead of the recommended 20 minute max (or sparingly as a leave-in) and ended up with a tangled mess. With the instant conditioner, I tried leaving it in for half an hour and again, another tangled mess. But when I followed the directions, I got really good results. But the shampoo was a bust for me.

OE

Back