Redken's new Smooth Down line

Laginappe

Redken\'s new Smooth Down line

Has anyone tried this new line yet? They've got 4 items, a shampoo, conditioner, something called Heat Glide which is a thermal protectant, and a Butter Treat - a heavier cream conditioner.

The site says: Anionic charges on the hair result in frizz and fly-aways. The Ionic Smoothing Complex contains cationic refiners that attract to and neutralize the existing anionic charges on the hair, smoothing the surface. It helps control and prevent frizz so unruly hair is smoothed down, and manageability and shine are turned up.

So anyone tried it yet??

Faith

Re: Redken\'s new Smooth Down line

I was just mentioning this yesterday. I'm sure you'll recognize the model in my signature. LOL!
I'm interested in this thread too..anyone?

Allandra

Hmmmmm.....
It does sound good.

T

Tee

I'm a sucker for anything with the word "smooth" in it. This line sounds really good. I can't wait to try out the products!

Allandra

Tee,

Please give us a review after you've tried them out. TIA.

T

Tee

You know I will, Allandra.

Chaya

Uh oh!!!! I guess I have something else to try now!!!!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

STOP! Before you buy, know this! There are sample sizes available for purchase at Ulta. They are about 1 oz. each and range from $1.00 to $2.00

Victorian

old head

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
STOP! Before you buy, know this! There are sample sizes available for purchase at Ulta. They are about 1 oz. each and range from $1.00 to $2.00

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh.
Thanks for slapping some sense into us before we lost our minds.

I don't even think there are any Ulta stores around here

caress

It's funny that you should ask this... I just used the products tonight. I used the Shampoo, Butter Treat, and Heat Glide.

Shampoo- This seemed to be a bit drying. My hair wasn't tangled but it just seemed a bit rougher than I'm used to. Mind you I've been using Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo.

Butter Treat- This conditioner made up for the shampoo. It softened and detangled my hair but I think I need to try this without the shampoo to see if I get even better results. I believe I will. It's been my experience that the shampoo can make a big difference in how a conditioner reacts. Also the Butter Treat is a bit perfumey but a nice scent.

Heat Glide- This is a serum with a nice scent. It really detangled my hair and made it easier to blowdry. It made my hair blowdry straighter than it would without using this product. I haven't used a bad serum yet though.

Shampoo Ingredients: Water/Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-Betaine, Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid, Trimethylsilylamodimethico, Sodium Chloride, Polyquaternium-10, Cocamide Mipa, Fragrance/Parfum, Sodium Benzoate, Methylparaben, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Salicylic Acid, Peg-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Orange 4/CI 17200, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Oleth-10, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Lecithin, Phosphoric Acid, BHT, Macadamia Ternifola Seed Oil/Macadamia Ternifola, Candelilla Wax/Candelilla Cera, Phenoxyethanol (D4912/1)

Butter Treat Ingredients: Water/Aqua, Cetearyl Alchohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Lanolin, Frgrance/Parfum, Methylparaben, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Oleth-10, Disodium cocoamphodipropionate, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, Lecithin, Phosphoric Acid, Macadamia Ternifola Seed Oil/Macadamia Ternifola, Candelilla Wax/Candelilla Cera, Phenoxyethanol (D4914/1)

Heat Glide Ingredients: Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide (protective smoother for very dry/unruly hair)
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, C12-125 Akyl Benzoate, Fragrance/Parfum, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil/Macadamia Ternifola, Candelilla Wax/Candelilla Cera (D4952/1)

KinksnCurlz

You ladies make it so hard to stick with what I know. I am going to have to start praying every night:

{CH on her knees, hands clasped and under her chin} Dear "God, please save me from the evils of the product junkee lore. Please forgive me if i purchase anything with the word Butter, Smooth or Heat. Please forgive my PJ friends for they know naught what they do to the other PJ'ers. Amen"

caress

I need to add that the Butter Treat following the Shampoo didn't wow me but it was good enough. My hair still seems drier than normal. Tommorow I'll try it with my regular shampoo and see if that makes a difference.