Regimen Evaluation - Mid point check in

It~Can~Grow

Hello Ladies - I need your help (again)

I would like for you to take a look at my current regimen and let me know if something is over-kill? I'm asking because I began to wonder this morning, "if I'm pre-poo(ing) with conditioner, rinsing that out - then washing my hair with 'conditioner' is the second conditioner 'wash' necessary?"

1) Apply Shikakai powder, infused with eo's to my scalp and massage
2) Apply ORS Hair Mayo (or CPR) w/Heat for 30 minutes
3) warm Rinse out
4) Wash hair with cheapie Conditioner
5) warm Rinse out
6) Rinse scalp with Seabreeze > let stand for 3 min > rinse out
7) Apply Joico Kpak Moisturizing DC w/ Heat for 30 minutes
8) warm to cool Rinse out
9) Detangle w/Pantene
10) Apply Leave In
11) Style

Too much, not enough, just right?

Last edited:

Candy_C

Hello Ladies - I need your help (again)

I would like for you to take a look at my current regimen and let me know if something is over-kill? I'm asking because I began to wonder this morning, "if I'm pre-poo(ing) with conditioner, rinsing that out - then washing my hair with 'conditioner' is the second conditioner 'wash' necessary?"

1) Apply Shikakai powder, infused with eo's to my scalp and massage
2) Apply ORS Hair Mayo (or CPR) w/Heat for 30 minutes
3) warm Rinse out
4) Wash hair with cheapie Conditioner
5) warm Rinse out
6) Rinse scalp with Seabreeze > let stand for 3 min > rinse out
7) Apply Joico Kpak Moisturizing DC w/ Heat for 30 minutes
8) warm to cool Rinse out
9) Detangle w/Pantene
10) Apply Leave In
11) Style

Too much, not enough, just right?

arrghhhh

i hope your mixing your shikakhai powder with another powder?

read my post pretty please before you even think about moving! :yep:

plus using the powders for massage may irritate your scalp unless its seriousley dirty, i mean like 6 weeks dirty.

i wouldnt bother unless your doing a tonic rinse

It~Can~Grow

Thanks, Candy_C

That was why I wanted the advice of others because I wasn't sure. Now, the powder I use is by Hesh? - I use 1/3 powder, 1/2 cup of coconut oil, juniper, rosemary, etc and simmer overnight.

I use about 1/8 (+/-) cp of the infused oil to really coat my scalp so the conditioner is not sitting on my scalp to avoid build up and loosen any dirt...so I should eliminate this step?

Ok

ps..yes, I read your update on how to effectively use the powders. That really helped. :yep:

arrghhhh

i hope your mixing your shikakhai powder with another powder?

read my post pretty please before you even think about moving! :yep:

plus using the powders for massage may irritate your scalp unless its seriousley dirty, i mean like 6 weeks dirty.

i wouldnt bother unless your doing a tonic rinse

It~Can~Grow

How's your hair? Soft, strong, moist, bouncy, does what you want?

Girl, I'm bunning...:lachen: aint nothing bouncing but my scrunchie :lachen:

Seriously, I don't have any complaints - just wanted to make sure I wasn't in 'over-kill' mode.

I felt the oils where ok - my question was more towards the first two conditioners...seemed that if I applied conditioner as a 'pre poo' then rinse...it was kinda/sorta like I washed my hair :ohwell: :perplexed...yes...no..IDK

sareca

Girl, I'm bunning...:lachen: aint nothing bouncing but my scrunchie :lachen:

Seriously, I don't have any complaints - just wanted to make sure I wasn't in 'over-kill' mode.

I felt the oils where ok - my question was more towards the first two conditioners...seemed that if I applied conditioner as a 'pre poo' then rinse...it was kinda/sorta like I washed my hair :ohwell: :perplexed...yes...no..IDK

If memory serves Mayo is a medium weight protein conditioner--not light, but not hardcore either. That will probably work great for a while, but as your approaches its protein tolerance level it might start actin' a fool.

I'd say keep it as it (sans the seabreeze--doesn't that have alcohol...the bad kind?) and if you notice breakage, roughness or dryness take the Mayo out. :twocents:

Last edited:

Candy_C

Thanks, Candy_C

That was why I wanted the advice of others because I wasn't sure. Now, the powder I use is by Hesh? - I use 1/3 powder, 1/2 cup of coconut oil, juniper, rosemary, etc and simmer overnight.

I use about 1/8 (+/-) cp of the infused oil to really coat my scalp so the conditioner is not sitting on my scalp to avoid build up and loosen any dirt...so I should eliminate this step?

Ok

ps..yes, I read your update on how to effectively use the powders. That really helped. :yep:

Oooh, so your washing it out, so this is liek your pre-poo? it should work ok, just alternate your powders then - like once every two weeks so your hair doesnt get too strong and break. hesh is a great brand