REGIMENS TO GET FROM SHOULDER TO APL

NYRICAN1

Hey girls,

I have reached shoulder and about 1 1/2 inches past, but since reading some of the responses on the apl thread I see that there are a few of us who are having a difficult time making it to apl. For those of you who went from shoulder to apl how did you do it. regimens please a girl is desperate for advice:confused: . My hair grows in a v shape and it is driving me crazy. I am thinking of trying vitamins. I bought biotin, msm,b complex, and fish body oils 1000 from GNC. i have double processed hair, but have been stretching my relaxer (currently 7 weeks and counting)trying to push for 12 weeks and have been alternating between co washes and motions cpr every 2 days. I am doing the cpr breakage routine. sorry for the long post

dannie

Hello!!

I would suggest keeping the hair up more often because shoulder length is where the ends do the most rubbing against your clothes. Taking supplements would be a great idea too. Step up you hair care regime because as your hair gets longer it is more delicate and requires extra care. That means deep conditioning, less heat and manipulation, etc... I think they say shoulder length hair is already 2 years old.

Don't worry about the V shape. I learned to stop fighting the way my hair grows and work with it. Let it grow in funky, attain your goal and then even up. If you keep worrying about it and trimming you'll never reach your goal.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Doremie13

I am less than half an inch from APL, and I would say my hair thrived when I stopped using my blowdrier and stopped combing my hair except after I washed it.

I stretched my relaxer for 22 weeks wearing braidouts, but after my relaxer I got a trim and started putting my hair up in a "loop" (a pony tail looped up to look like a bun). I started washing my hair every 5-7 days and also alternated between a moisturizing and protein conditioner for each wash. That combination seemed to help me get over the hump.

HTH!!

Doremie13

I am less than half an inch from APL, and I would say my hair thrived when I stopped using my blowdrier and stopped combing my hair except after I washed it.

I stretched my relaxer for 22 weeks wearing braidouts, but after my relaxer I got a trim and started putting my hair up in a "loop" (a pony tail looped up to look like a bun). I started washing my hair every 5-7 days and also alternated between a moisturizing and protein conditioner for each wash. That combination seemed to help me get over the hump.

HTH!!