Relationship Advice and scriptures please

Finewine

I posted this in the relationship forum before I realized that there were some people in here. Here goes:

My bf just broke up with me and I need to refrain from calling/texting/thinking about him. To make a long story short, he'd been acting distant lately, except when we're face to face so yesterday morning I sent him a text, since he was at work, asking him if he wanted to continue to be together and he said "nah" (horrible response, i know). I asked why and he basically said because we can't spend enough time together. I replied, "if that's the only problem then we can work on it." He said he'd call me later but he didn't. He only sent a text that night saying he was at his mother's house.

Yesterday, I prayed asking God to let me forget about him and get over it, and it worked...until like 20 mins ago. He's at work so I can't call, but I still want to send a text. I guess I should start praying again, but anyone have any other advice and specific scriptures that you can direct em towards? I just can't seem to get over him.:nono:

This is tough, I know all to well. Time is honestly the only thing that will heal your heart right now. Take things one day at a time. I would like to encourage you to love on Jesus right now, fall deep into his word and I'd like to also encourage you to listen to this series on Relationship's by Creflo Dollar ( I will glady mail you a copy-just PM me). I'm not the biggest Creflo fan but this really helped me with all my relationships. Also, I have another series by my Pastor on hearing the voice of God which is strictly Bible based and will give you some things to study while you're healing. Please pray from God's will for your life and be glad you are not dating someone who doesn't care enough for you to speak to you directly. It's hard and everything I'm suggesting is easier said than done, but honey, take things one minute, one second, one hour, one day at a time. It will pass. :hugs:

I posted this in the relationship forum before I realized that there were some people in here. Here goes:

My bf just broke up with me and I need to refrain from calling/texting/thinking about him. To make a long story short, he'd been acting distant lately, except when we're face to face so yesterday morning I sent him a text, since he was at work, asking him if he wanted to continue to be together and he said "nah" (horrible response, i know). I asked why and he basically said because we can't spend enough time together. I replied, "if that's the only problem then we can work on it." He said he'd call me later but he didn't. He only sent a text that night saying he was at his mother's house.

Yesterday, I prayed asking God to let me forget about him and get over it, and it worked...until like 20 mins ago. He's at work so I can't call, but I still want to send a text. I guess I should start praying again, but anyone have any other advice and specific scriptures that you can direct em towards? I just can't seem to get over him.:nono:

This is tough, I know all to well. Time is honestly the only thing that will heal your heart right now. Take things one day at a time. I would like to encourage you to love on Jesus right now, fall deep into his word and I'd like to also encourage you to listen to this series on Relationship's by Creflo Dollar ( I will glady mail you a copy-just PM me). I'm not the biggest Creflo fan but this really helped me with all my relationships. Also, I have another series by my Pastor on hearing the voice of God which is strictly Bible based and will give you some things to study while you're healing. Please pray from God's will for your life and be glad you are not dating someone who doesn't care enough for you to speak to you directly. It's hard and everything I'm suggesting is easier said than done, but honey, take things one minute, one second, one hour, one day at a time. It will pass. :hugs:

Thanks so much! I almost teared up reading this. The one problem with time is that it never comes fast enough when dealing with matters of the heart.

I'm sending you a p.m. and I'm definitely trying to not let it interfere with my studying:rolleyes:

When we enter into relationships of any kind we become bonded, yoked together(imagine your hand superglued to your chest). When those relationships end there is a rending, tearing apart to separate them( imagine your hand ripped from your chest). What you're feeling is normal and it'll take time (how much is up to you) to heal from that wound. If you don't sincerely wish to end the relationship it will take longer and become increasing harder to move on. It's like constantly picking at the wounds on your hand and chest. They won't heal that way and you can't heal that way.
While I don't know the two of you personally I believe that he's more than likely ignoring you because you're pursuing him. 9 times out of ten, if you ignore him he'll make little efforts to find out why you aren't. He'll want to see if he can still string you along. He gets to tell his buddies how you keep chasing him.
If you still need them I'll look up some scriptures for you.

Holding you in prayer...:yawn:

Please don't worry right now about getting over him.....
you love him? my radical advice..love him anyway...but detach...
detach from the person and thus protect your heart..in the Bible it says "guard your heart... from it is the wellspring of life."..
as painful as it is and as strong as the need is to be in touch.....it seems like it could be more detrimental... right now.... to have any contact with him....than it would be...to have none at all.....I find it's important when vulnerable to keep away from those who are potentially reckless with my sacred inner-self... even if it's unintentional,because the pain is compounded after a disappointing contact.

Try your very very best to be extra-super gentle with yourself ..you are the precious priority here..this is a time to give extra nuturing...
take a warm bubble bath w/candles
watch silly cartoons that make you laugh
cry if you need to
hang out with supportive loving people
play reassuring music that has happy memories that did not include that person..

texting him..well,maybe this can help? Here's some thing I do when I feel like I HAVE to SAY SOMETHING to the guy or BURST..

I write "burn emails"
I pour out my heart in the email addressed to him in the body of the email and even his name in the subject line but emailed ONLY to myself and just get everything off my chest that I would say if that opportunity was there and safe. I write as many as I need to but NEVER SENT TO HIM..it's gets sent out to the universe in a way that's safe

God is looking after you

My favorite scriptures

The Love chapter

1 Corinthians chapter 13...LOVE NEVER FAILS

Isaiah 62
I can't keep my mouth shut, regarding Jerusalem, I can't hold my tongue,
Until her righteousness blazes down like the sun
and her salvation flames up like a torch.
Foreign countries will see your righteousness,
and world leaders your glory.
You'll get a brand-new name
straight from the mouth of God.
You'll be a stunning crown in the palm of God's hand,
a jeweled gold cup held high in the hand of your God.
No more will anyone call you Rejected,
and your country will no more be called Ruined.
You'll be called Hephzibah (My Delight),
and your land Beulah (Married),
Because God delights in you
and your land will be like a wedding celebration.
For as a young man marries his virgin bride,
so your builder marries you,
And as a bridegroom is happy in his bride,
so your God is happy with you.

xoxxox

Back