Relaxed hair experts..HELP!!!!

CheerBear

Ok, long story short....swimming class, everyday for an hour at least from now until late may...should u wait until spring break to relax my hair since i'll have a week long break from the pool, or is it safe to continue with my regular relaxing schedule as long as i do protein treatments and deep conditioning. etc...

hold off as long as you can. swimming is havoc especially everyday. in highschool my hair was severlly damaged from the chlorine (yeah even with the swim cap and daily washing), and i was natural, so i can only imagine what it would do to relaxed hair.

Why not wear a swim cap? Unless you think it's dorky. If I were swimming on a daily basis, long term I would do this. Chlorine on relaxed hair =
nono.gif

Actually chlorine on any kind of hair over a long period is a no no, but even more so on chemically treated hair.

Make sure you drench your hair in conditioner before you put on the swim cap. This keeps more of the chlorine out and you get a deep conditioner at the same time. hth

and shampoo with neutralizing shampoo. I once had a horrible experience after going swimming with a fresh relaxer. -MAJOR hair lost
nono.gif
I would wait if you can & the swim cap is a good idea.

Back