Relaxed Heads...how do you keep you ends moist while maintaing curls in a rollerset?

I have been roller-setting my hair for a long time and need a little help. Sometimes me ends get tangled and knotted. I use paper ends when rolling and comb my hair before placing it on the roller. I also re-wet my hair before placing it on the roller. It it that I need to over moisturize before?

Here is my typical reggie:
1. Cowash or wash my hair
2. Spray leave in and creamy leave in (EQ spray leave in an Its a 10 miracle leave in)
3. Spray Silky Milk setting lottion unto hair, get my paper ends, comb and roll up!

This time I did the same except I added hydrathermal daily growth lotion, pure glycerin, and castor oil to seal it. I will let you know how my ends are. Currently under dryer.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Relaxed Heads...how do you keep you ends moist while maintaing curls in a rollers

to prevent the ends from tangling i moisturize lightly and pincurl at night. i get tangles when i wear tighter sets so i would like to hear some more imput on this too.

Re: Relaxed Heads...how do you keep you ends moist while maintaing curls in a rollers

i use Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Mist. i spray and it dries quickly.

When my ends tangle easily and refuse to hold a curl, that's usually indicative of needing a trim because the ends are too weathered. If you are already smoothing the hair on and it seems like you're moisturizing enough already, are you sure it's a moisture issue?

Last edited:
Your Cheeziness said:
When my ends tangle easily and refuse to hold a curl, that's usually indicative of needing a trim because the ends are too weathered. If you are already smoothing the hair on and it seems like you're moisturizing enough already, are you sure it's a moisture issue?

Not sure if its moisture....just thought it might be. I did the extra moistue, my curls are not as tight and I will re-roll some. Hair looks shiny though : )

I had this issue bad for a long time, and finally discovered this.

Use Blue Nairobi foaming setting lotion. It gives a soft hold and is fantastic (IMO)

Then...

Put a little oil on the ends, then pin curl. Once you get use to pin curling, it becomes second nature, and you won't find it so time consuming.

I hope this helps.

Back