Relaxed heads that do wash n' go's......

blackbarbie

Natural heads can chime in on this too but I am sure that since I am not all natural, my results won't come out as good as yours do.............But I am wondering if some of the relaxed heads can give me their tips for a great wash n' go. (products, step by step, daily maintenance, how long it keeps, etc.)

I can't remember who it was but a member once posted great step by step instructions on "the perfect wash n' go" (judging by her hair it was just that, b/c hers was beautimus!!)et........

Also, I hope this is not asking too much either but who is it that has the instructional on doing a wet set with bantu knots in their fotki. I am 20 weeks post and the roots are really thick so I am trying to decide which one of these styles I will try this weekend and would appreciate some direction.

Thanks!:)

Softresses

Blackbarbie, I just started doing them myself. Pokahantas had a great tip about Beyond the Zone Noodlehead, it works great for me. I am Texturized. Also SO1013, Cichelle, and Wildcurlz have been helping me, in the Curlies do you...? Thread

HTH
Softresses

BTW, I love, love, love, your haircolor!

caribeandiva

Human being
after my wash routine, without combing my hair, i use nexxus headress, followed by dudley's fantastic body setting lotion. and that's it.

blackbarbie

Softresses said:
Blackbarbie, I just started doing them myself. Pokahantas had a great tip about Beyond the Zone Noodlehead, it works great for me. I am Texturized. Also SO1013, Cichelle, and Wildcurlz have been helping me, in the Curlies do you...? Thread

HTH
Softresses

BTW, I love, love, love, your haircolor!

Thanks for responding (and for the compliment too!)

I will go back and visit that thread and also take a look at some of these ladies fotki's for some specific techniques.....Wish me luck!

blackbarbie

caribeandiva said:
after my wash routine, without combing my hair, i use nexxus headress, followed by dudley's fantastic body setting lotion. and that's it.

Do you put the product on your hair while it is soaking wet or do you towel dry it first? The reason I ask is that I am remembering some part of that post that i was referring to and something of that nature was mentioned. Also i remember the poster talking about grabbing different sections of your hair in your hand and squeezing it to force or rather to help the curl pattern....

Softresses

Yes, that's how you do it. you rub product together in your hands and then you kind of scrunch a handful of hair up in your hand.

Don't towel dry though just blot it with the towel or wrap it momentarily not to disturb your curl pattern.

blackbarbie

Softresses said:
Yes, that's how you do it. you rub product together in your hands and then you kind of scrunch a handful of hair up in your hand.

Don't towel dry though just blot it with the towel or wrap it momentarily not to disturb your curl pattern.

Um, that's the word I was trying to think of:lol: . What did I say? squeeze it??:lol:

Softresses

:lol: :lol: :lol: Squeeze scrunch, choke, just grab a handful and wad it up!

This is the thread that got me started and hooked:

I finally found the perfect product for wash n'go's!!!!!!!!!

LovelyLionessa

Pokahontas was on point, that Noodlehead works great. It made my relaxed hair look natural with nice springy, defined curls without frizz. Love it!!

Miss_Jetsetter

I am fully relaxed and I do wash and go's usually when I'm home from work. I apply Elucence Moisture Benefits shampoo to my soaking wet hair then spray an ample amount of Pantene's relaxed and natural 'wrap and set lotion'. Since I live in Miami, when I go outside my hair usually completely dries in under an hour. Here is a pic from some time earlier this year:

caribeandiva

Human being
blackbarbie said:
Do you put the product on your hair while it is soaking wet or do you towel dry it first? The reason I ask is that I am remembering some part of that post that i was referring to and something of that nature was mentioned. Also i remember the poster talking about grabbing different sections of your hair in your hand and squeezing it to force or rather to help the curl pattern....

i towel dry first. i try the scrunching my towel dried hair but i didn't notice any difference in waves or curls so i stopped. i'm gonna start using a curl enhancer to see if that helps.