see- foreal- how in the ham are post relaxed 4a/bs doing wash n go's er'y day!

nomoweavesfome

see- this was taken last week at 5 weeks post. I tried to be cute and do a wash n go. This is a H-A-M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how are ya'll possibly doing this???????
I must be a 5z or something.

My husband dissaprovingly looked at me and was like "so your'e going natural?"

everything is NOT for everybody,- no wash n go's for me. :nono:

Attachments

• Picture 022resizedagain.jpg
    Picture 022resizedagain.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 117
  • Picture 021resizedagain.jpg
    Picture 021resizedagain.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 94
  • Picture 020resizedagain.jpg
    Picture 020resizedagain.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 91

HighlyFavored1

I have two suggestions. First, it helps if you scrunch the hair a bit after cowashing to enhance the curl of the relaxed hair more (i have a tutorial for how i do this in my fotki). That way it blends in better with the new growth. Your relaxed ends are looking pretty straight at some parts which makes the difference in texture as compared to the ng more apparent.

Second, once i get past about 9 weeks post, the ng at my edges/front of my hair really start to stand out as being a different texture from the relaxed wash-and-go ends. to combat this, i add mango butter and then cornrow the edge of my hair (going horizontally across) or I make small single twists at my roots in the front. i take these out once my hair is mostly dry. this really helps to smooth my newgrowth and give it a looser wavy/curly look so that it better blends with the relaxed wash-and-go ends.

hope that helps!

PinkSkates

OP thanks so much for making me laugh so hard... The title of your thread is freakin' Hilarious!!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:
sorry I don't have any advice for ya!

SelfStyled

I didn't know that Relaxed 4a/b's could do wash and goes- seriosly. Mine definetely would be a wash and no. After I wash, I use the scarf method- and I get nice wavies- then I either frenchbraid, bun or ponytail.

I think your texture looks nice:yep:. You just gotta work on your technique I guess.

Rapunzel*

im a 4a.4b and 3c nape my strands are fine

this is in a banana clip

cmesweet

When I was relaxed, I did the wash-n-go often in the summer. Plus, I only relaxed my hair once every 4 to 6 months.

Often I would use the product called Relaz, but you can use gel. After you wash, put the product on your hair, not much or it will get hard. If you use gel mix a bit of lotion that way it keeps the hold but the hair will be soft. Then use a diffuser if you don't have time to wait for your hair to airdry. As it drys scrunch and it should become crinkly and sometimes huge, which I loved :lick:

Menina Preta

I'm still trying to perfect mine. One thing that worked for me was scrunching my hair after I detangled and rinsed out the conditioner. I scrunched my hair while it was dripping wet. Then, I added my leave-in, then some moisturizer and continued to scrunch and scrunch till I got some waves. My edges looked 'jacked' as well, but I think next time, I'm going to tie a small scarf around them while they're damp, so they can be 'tamed' and let the rest of the hair dry. Hopefully, it'll be nicer next time, if you ever try again :).

chebaby

i am ten months post relaxer so when i wash and go the front is curly. i usually tie it with a scarf while i drive to work so it is layed down but thats it. i think it looks cute on me. but it could be your hair type too because my curls are really defined in the front.

nomoweavesfome

I didn't know that Relaxed 4a/b's could do wash and goes- seriosly. Mine definetely would be a wash and no. After I wash, I use the scarf method- and I get nice wavies- then I either frenchbraid, bun or ponytail.

I think your texture looks nice:yep:. You just gotta work on your technique I guess.

mannnn, shoot. Thank ya'll for the advice, but um - I have to agree with the bolded part for me!!:sad:

sunshinebeautiful

When I relax, I don't relax all the texture out, so my hair is curly when wet. Or wavy, should I say. I add some gel to define the curls and I'm good witht he wash and go. :yep:

Junonia

I did a wash and go at 17 weeks post and my roots were hard and crunchy. I could barely comb through my new growth. I don't think I will be doing anymore w&g's.

sunshinebeautiful

tee- hee- mine is obviously not relaxed all the way either, but girl, I ain't got no curl. :nono:

Really? And your new growth comes in curly? And it's curly while wet? Do you scrunch to encourage some of the curl?

Hmmmm..... I don't know then. :perplexed

I have some straight ends that got processed too much and those don't really curl all that much. :nono: Can't wait till I trim that mess off.

nomoweavesfome

Really? And your new growth comes in curly? And it's curly while wet? Do you scrunch to encourage some of the curl?

Hmmmm..... I don't know then. :perplexed

I have some straight ends that got processed too much and those don't really curl all that much. :nono: Can't wait till I trim that mess off.

mm-mmn- my less than bone straight hair strand when wet looks like a looser coil - like a real real real tight wave. no big wave no curl. think really really short waves ()()()()()()no ( ) ( ) ( ) the ends are more straight from when I was using ORS no lye. the first 4 inches of hair has more of the coil from ORS lye. my hair has more shine and silk feel from LYE, but the look is better with NO -LYE