Relaxed ladies or those who use to be natural and then relaxed

LifeafterLHCF

Ok here the deal with me.I need you ladies help.I have been natural for the 2nd time for about 2 and 1/2 years,it would be 3 years Nov 29th.I feel that I don't want to be natural anymore.I'm fat and for my face having this little fro doesn't make me feel at all pretty.I know for someone bust me up that beauty isn't about hair but I already have alot of masculine features so I need something.

My plan is to relax with ORS or Silk Elements no lye in August.I plan to stretch for at least 3 months every relaxer.So basically only relaxing every season.I plan to co wash at least 2-3 times a week since my new school semester will consist of 3 workout classes back to back to back.I will more than likely bun or maybe wrap my hair for a style.Possible do some flexi-rods as well.

Please let me know if you ladies see anything wrong with my potential reggie.I really feel my fear of going back to the relaxer has been not wanting to have damaged relaxed hair and being a laughing stock.I know there are damaged naturals as well.I'm tired of my hair shrinkage,it not seeming moisturized,it not having any form unless it's wet or has gel on it and the ssk's esp when the few times I have tried to twist it.

ITA

Just wondering, what's wrong with staying in braids, sew ins, or wigs until your hair is longer? And staying natural and wearing stretched styles or flat ironing? And it sounds like you need a new reggie for your natural hair since you said it doesn't stay moisturized. How much have you thought about this? And your relaxed hair doesnt HAVE to be damaged unless you are one of those people who just can't take relaxers. You've been here since 2006. Have you been relaxed since finding the hair boards? How did it go and why did you decide to go natural in the first place?

ETA: The relaxed reggie looks fine. Be sure to incorporate protein as well.

Last edited:
I agree with above Lafemme. You could braid or rollerset after every wash to stretch your hair. But I understand about shrinkage. So just remember to dc your hair and you will be alright when you relax. Keep it in protective styles. I am not very big on cowashing but my hair is highly textured and thick even when relaxed so cowashing didn't work for me.

Before I think of how I want to reply, I just want to take the time to send you my patented ***HUGS***. We all need them now and again. =)

As far as your reggie I can't see anything "wrong" with it but I am not an expert. I hope you feel better about the beauty of you and that you find the hair regime that fits your lifestyle.

I have only been on this site since last august actually..I signed up in 06 but didn't pay for the membership and then forgot about the site.

I wear now but since Im in Tx it's something brutal for me.Now in the winter Im a wig queen.I I have been natural since I have been on this site however.My hair has been alot better moisture wise since I have been doing the Kimmy tube leavin conditioner mixture the kccc,aloe vera juice,jojoba and castor oil.

For me I don't like braids since Im trying to find a job and I know it should be that way but the field I want to get into HR isn't the most racial friendly.I may see about doing some straightening and some sew in's.I haven't done a sewin ever and since my hair is so kinky I worried about my hair matching with the weave...good ideas ladies keep them coming.

Thank you soo much Bigmommah..hugs always welcome

Last edited:
Back