Relaxed my hair now what?

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
I relaxed my hair last week and I was planning on washing my hair tonite and I was wondering what I should do? should I do an aphogee treatment? a reconstructor?

pebbles

Hi luvhair,

Did you have a protein treatment/reconstructor done after your relaxer? If you did, you don't need to do one again.
(protein treatments and reconstructors are the same thing /images/graemlins/smile.gif)
If you did not have one, go ahead and do one now. Try the Nexxus Keraphix. I only use the Aphogee for extreme breakage, but you can use it if you want to. There are other proteins you can use as well. I'm sure some of the other ladies can recommend some good ones. Good luck. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Camille

Does anyone find that Aphoghee smells? I used it for the first time and I don't think I would buy it again strictly based on the smell. It was like I opened the packet and Mr.Ed galloped on out of it. Anyone have the same experience? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Lindy

Yep; the Aphogee does have a strange /images/graemlins/frown.gif smell... The good news is that once your rinse it out, it's gone; especially since you're following it with another conditioner (moisturizing)...

azul11

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif sorry got a mental picture of mr ed coming out of a aphogee bottle. lol God bless you all.

mahogani

Right after my relaxer i get a nexxus emergencee treatment for 45 min. a week after i wash my hair i do a deep conditoner with either ORS Mayo or ST. Ives intensive conditoner moisture treatment, whatever moisture conditioner you choose to use. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

pebbles

Hi Camille,

The Aphogee does smell. I only use it if I have serious breakage because it's very potent and very good. Otherwise, I use Nexxus Emergencee, Nexxus Keraphix, Affirm 5 in 1 reconstructor. /images/graemlins/smile.gif