Relaxed NL, CBL, SL Styles

DominicanBrazilian82

Hey ladies!! I'm a relaxed SL/CBL gal who wants to know what styles SL, CBL and NL ladies are wearing. Not just protective styles, but other mention-worthy styles that you love. Pictures too if you have them :)

image-843726487.jpg

This is one of my favorite! It's actually a flexi set on 1/2" rods and then lightly blown out.

I will always prepoo DC, co-wash and after wash DC (all moisture). I will then apply my leave in and air dry to about 75%. I moisture and seal each section extremely lightly before setting my hair. I will probably put in about 30-35 rods for this set (all same direction). Sleep. Wake up and individually apply a gracious amount of heat serum to each section, blow with a concentrated nozzle and round brush on the absolute lowest heat setting (not hot at all). I then pin that section and move on to the next. Repeat until completed. I will usually wrap it if I have time and tightly wrap my satin scarf. Once I brush down it looks like this :)

This style is harder to pull off at 14 weeks post as I am right now because the temperature of the blow dryer is extremely low and doesn't flatten my roots as well as it takes some of the curl out of my hair. I do this process this way when I want a less curly style, but don't want to Rollerset and sit under a dryer (I refuse to sleep in rollers!).

How about you?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

sunnieb

Great thread! ;)

I bunned most of the time when I first found LHCF back when I was SL. Here's one of my favorites:

DominicanBrazilian82

This was posted in a different thread, but I think this is perfect for short hair relaxed or natural ladies looking to PS with bunning.

gonnabme1st said:
Okay, so I'm loving the idea of bunning but I've felt that my hair is simply too short... UNTIL.... I came across this video tonight! Honestly at first I didn't know where she (NaturalTari) was going with this but, was stunned to see her methods for short 4a/4b hair, it just seemed so different and unexpected. Maybe its just me but I KNOW I can do this, even if I don't think I can yet achieve some of the other lovely buns shown in this thread. THIS video makes a bun doable for some of my fellow 4/a-4/b shorter lengthed ladies!!! Now I'm sure some of you have already seen this video so forgive my enthusiam, but this gives me hope for future bunning! Yeaaaaaaah!! :) (Admittedly, not sure how the co-washing part will work with this but, still an achievable bun.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0bs7q_0MiI