Relaxed, Type 4 Ladies - What is the maximum # of times you co/wash per week?

Glib Gurl

I am thinking of trying to co-wash every other day but thinking that might be too much . . .

My hair is pretty thick and I dc often, but still . . . wondering what others' experiences have been?

I read somewhere that Oprah's hair is washed EVERYDAY that she tapes a show - so I'm guessing this is, like, 4-5 times a week. She seems to have Type 4 hair . . . but she also has highly-skilled stylists working on her head. I just have me and LHCF :grin:

Any thoughts?

4 maximum. But I can only do this for the first month or so post, after that it becomes too much manipulation. Then once a week.

right now 2-3 times a week

earlier in the year i was cowashing every other day and there were a few weeks of everyday so...yeah

i just wash whenever i feel like it basically

I cowash daily. For the summer anyway .. and the second 6 weeks of my relaxer stretch. I usually only have to detangle a couple of times a week. Some of them are more like rinses, instead of washes.

I have done it daily, however I do not like the styling options that come with airdrying. Now I co-wash twice a week and rollerset. :yep:

4 or 5 times max.....especially if i'm working out it's a must. but at least 1 or 2 of those times i'm shampooing along with it.

Earlier this summer, I was cowashing and bunning daily. It worked for a while but :nono: I've cut back.

Like I say with most things, listen to your hair.

I used to co-wash everyday when my hair was shorter and it was fine. Nowadays I just wash every week since I cant get away with a wash and go anymore.:nono:

Back