Relaxed Ladies Who Wash Their Hair Multiple Times Per Week

Ms. Plain Jane

I'm currently contemplating washing my hair multiple times per week, but I know that I will not always have the time/patience/energy to sit under the dryer. I love the look and feel of a roller set, so it's important that my hair look like it's been roller set when I'm done. Here are my (random) questions for relaxed ladies who wash their hair multiple times per week.

(1) Do you always have time to sit under the dryer?

(2) Can you successfully achieve the roller set look without sitting under a dryer?

(3) Do you get sick/congested when you go to bed with wet hair or attempt to air dry over night?

(4) How do you prevent your pillow, etc from getting wet?

Feel free to respond with any other info that you believe may be helpful. TIA!

Determined22

I only rollerset once a week, maybe twice, but thats the max. So if I'm washing multiple times a week, I airdry overnight. I generally wash when I first get home, so that I have a few hours to let my hair start to dry before I go to bed. By bedtime I just throw my bonnet on over my scarf (i dry using the scarf method to get my edges to lay flat) and I don't get my pillow wet. By the morning its pretty much dry. My hair isn't as smooth as it would have been with a rollerset, but it doesn't look bad.

RZILYNT

I wash every 4 to 5 days. I air dry. If I want to have the look of curls then I put my hair in 2 bantu knots. Have not done this within the last month because I was seeing breakage. My hair is very fine.

The key to air drying for me and not going to bed with wet hair is to try to shampoo early in the evening as possible. This will allow most of my hair to be dry before sleeping.

I will come home from work and once dinner is on the stove, I will jump in the shower and shampoo. By 7:30 I am air drying. I go to bed about 11pm. I tie my hair up then and I am completely dry in the morning.
If you have super thick hair, then it may still take longer to dry, but your hair wont be super wet when going to bed.

I hope this was somewhat helpful.

RZ~

bajanplums1

(1) Do you always have time to sit under the dryer?
I do not have time for a rollerset, but honestly, if it is 10 pm and I need to go to bed. I will put my hair in a ponytail and sit under the hood dryer. It dries in 15 minutes.

(2) Can you successfully achieve the roller set look without sitting under a dryer? I've done rollersets on dry hair. After the hair is dry, I add conditioner, a bit of oil and roll it up.

(3) Do you get sick/congested when you go to bed with wet hair or attempt to air dry over night? No.

(4) How do you prevent your pillow, etc from getting wet? When my head hits the pillow, it is either damp or dry, never wet or soaking wet.

Feel free to respond with any other info that you believe may be helpful. TIA!
To save time, I have shampooed and then just used olive oil as a conditioner. I have also skipped shampoo, just rinsed and conditioned and the biggest time saver of all is just going under the hood dryer without rollers. These techniques help me get through the mid week wash.