Relaxer stretchers, how often do you wash..

Cayenne0622

How long do you stretch and during the stretch how often do you shampoo your hair? Since a lot of us have shedding or breakage during the crucial stretch weeks, I'm wonder if washing less will cause less manipulation thereby resulting in less hairloss??

Attachments

• Feb 2 Pics 243.jpg
    Feb 2 Pics 243.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 42

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I have been CO washing every 2 or 3 days and one a week I shampoo and dc. I am now on my 4th month without a relaxer. I don't comb my hair during washing it, I just finger comb it into a pony tail and put on my UPA clip and go.

JLove74

in the summer I was about every 3 days and in the winter once a week. To deak with the shedding I deep condish w/Alter Ego hot garlic treatment and use the Cren drops.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I stretch for 16wks at a time and during that time I try to keep up w/my same routine, which is pooing 2x's a wk. and DC w/every poo. I tried pooing once a wk in the beginning of the summer and my hair just doesn't like that, it stays moisturized w/my normal routine. I like free flowing hair weather it's pinned up or down and if I go more than 4 days w/o DC I find that I have to then put moisturizers in my hair which eventually becomes product overload for my hair.

My advice is to try it and see if works, but at the first sign of disagreement from your hair go back to what works.

Cayenne0622

Thanks ladies! In my old life I was relaxing every 6 weeks. It was like an addiction. I would be so excited when I got to week six because my hair would normally be acting a fool from week 5 to week 6. Now, that I know more about my hair, I actually look forward to the stretch AND I'm ending week 5 and my hair is great! I don't feel any pressure or anxiety to get through the next week just so I can get that relaxer fix (scratching my arm like a crackhead). lolol :lachen: My new growth is soft and I'm actually wearing my hair down - lfor the ast 2 days. I will be bunning it tomorrow though and keeping it moisturized and conditioned.

MizaniMami

I was every week and co wash once during the week.

I was going to stretch for 12 weeks but my growth ain't acting right so I am going to stretch for 16 weeks. Off to change my ticker!

crlsweetie912

I wash about 2x a week. I feel icky if I don't. The CON shampoo and the Motions Moisture plus keep my tangles to a minimum.

Cayenne0622

BabyImaStarr said:
Once a week when I am not stretching, twice when I am.

Cayenne0622!!!! Gimme that little doggie!!

Thanks everyone!!! I'll definitely remember to put some type of water on my hair twice a week (likely a mild shampoo). I don't think cowashes are my friend yet. I'll get it down one day but I need to be careful while I'm actually getting my shedding under control - FINALLY!

BabyImaStarr - I can't give you my baby!!! lolol I put too much work into training that lil sucka! hahahahahaha