Relaxer STRIKE on my edges and nape!

yodie

I'm officially on STRIKE!

I'm fed up with having to hide my nape and edges. Both are almost invisible!

I'm texlaxed. I make progress in between touch ups, but the hair quickly falls out, burns out or dries out in the areas, soon after my relaxer.

I'm mad at myself for letting my stylist texturize these areas when I know my hair can't take it every couple of weeks.

so, I decided to go on a nape and edges relaxer strike until the end of june.

I'm using an MN concoction on these areas, moisturizing everyday and just babying them. BT dried my edges and they broke off even more. It works well for some, but not for me. My hair tends to be very dry

I'm also taking biotin and a multi.

any suggestions?
feel free to join me.

kittenz

My nape just came off strike:lachen:. I hadn't relaxed it with my last 2 touch-ups and this time I texlaxed it. It worked wonders. Goodluck they should fill in nicely. I think i'll keep doing it the same way.

Definitely a good idea!!!

I would alernate...maybe texlax your edges and nape every other perm and at that I would tell your stylist to hit your nape and edges last, that way your nape and edges will have time to recover :yep:

This helped me out a lot. Those are my sensitive areas too :yep:

lana

I texlax every 10-12 weeks and I do my edges and nape last. Sometimes I skip them. It really depends on how they are doing. If they aren't longer than last time, I skip them. Because I don't want to overprocess them.

Make sure you're not putting stress on those areas. Nioxin Follicle Booster did grow my edges back before. It really does work. :yep: But it's a small little container for a big price. $20 - I think

Anyways consider not using any chemicals there, moisturize twice a day - those areas only and oh, the best thing? Vitamin E on the thinning areas will really help thicken things up.

yodie

is that nioxin product a liquid, crème?

I was doing bantu knots on my hair, but this maybe too much stress. now I set wit caruso's and keep it movin.

I really want to learn how to textlax my own hair. much more freedom in this.

I texlax every 10-12 weeks and I do my edges and nape last. Sometimes I skip them. It really depends on how they are doing. If they aren't longer than last time, I skip them. Because I don't want to overprocess them.

Make sure you're not putting stress on those areas. Nioxin Follicle Booster did grow my edges back before. It really does work. :yep: But it's a small little container for a big price. $20 - I think

Anyways consider not using any chemicals there, moisturize twice a day - those areas only and oh, the best thing? Vitamin E on the thinning areas will really help thicken things up.

yodie

does sallys sell nioxin follicle booster?

my edges and nape are always textlaxed last, with no manipulation.

IntoMyhair

I have this same problem,only now i have some virgin areas

I may not relax them at all with this touch up

yodie

I was natural for years. hard to exercise... all the heat I had to apply to wear sraight styles, etc

pazyamor

I'm on the fence, my edges are in fact the prettiest part of my hair, don't know why, but hey, I'm cool with it. But my crazy nape? It's...crazy!:wallbash: I had it shaved August 2006 and kept it that way for a few months, and a year later, my kitchen looks horrible! It's dry and shriveled up and dusky and horrible...I might just give this area a big break for the next few touchups and see what happens. Good :think:!

yodie

welcome aboard. next I want to learn how to do my own perm.

I'm on the fence, my edges are in fact the prettiest part of my hair, don't know why, but hey, I'm cool with it. But my crazy nape? It's...crazy!:wallbash: I had it shaved August 2006 and kept it that way for a few months, and a year later, my kitchen looks horrible! It's dry and shriveled up and dusky and horrible...I might just give this area a big break for the next few touchups and see what happens. Good :think:!

vivEz daNs lamouR

I'm going to be perming my nape every other relaxer instead of every relaxer. I'm almost certain that I suffer from chemical run and overlap from the salons when I used to go get it relaxed. Now I'll just do it myself.

Have a big old tub of Mizani just waiting to be used from since I first tried to relax myself but chickened out.

Jetblackhair

I think you are on the right track with giving your edges and nape a break from relaxing. Before I went natural my nape was always much shorter than the rest of my hair. I decided to go natural though because my hairline was thinning. After going natural the wonderful thing I discovered about my nape was that it was really sensitive to the relaxer. My nape is now the longest part of my hair. It has been thriving, I mean it completely grew past the rest of my hair! I was like, wow, I've been killin' my nape all that time.

almondjoi85

mmmm for everyone who skips the relaxers on their edges and nape... what do you ask the stylist, like do you show them the area to skip over? Do they normally try to fight with you over it? Lastly, how does it affect the overall look of your relaxer, do your edges and nape blend in with the relaxed hair?