How do people keep their 4-type edges & nape straight?

p381

I have 4 type hair (medium, not very coarse at all) and have been Texlaxed now for 2 months.
But i'm starting to get new growth and now my edges & nape hardly look texlaxed at all! And frankly (for want of a better word) now starting to look "nappy". :ohwell:

What i'd like to know is, how do you guys keep your edges & nape area looking neat/straight?
(Products i use & styles i wear are in my signature if that helps at all).

almond eyes

I'd like to know and my hair is natural. I've done it all toothbrush, aloe vera gel. When I saw B Smith with her locks on a re-run of Tyra, her hair was coarse too in the front and it looked like there was nothing to do but be proud and brush it up.

Best,
Almond Eyes

chelleyrock

I'm so glad you started this thread, 'cause I'm transitioning and my edges and nape look a HAM. The Fantasia IC Gel didn't work (crusty edges), aloe vera and water holds it down a little but it poof's right back up. Maybe I'm not keeping the scarf on long enough.

LadyPaniolo

Embrace the napps. That's all one can really do... or get a relaxer.

Sure, you can lay them down for a bit, but they WILL napp back up. That's what napps do. :look:

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
Awww. I wanna know how to get he nape staright too. Not once have I been succesful w/o just relaxing it :(

Hmmm...I'm natural and what works for me is castor oil + water + a hard hold gel with a scarf. The edges will indeed be very hard, but once it dries and I comb it out, they'll be flat until I wash again.