Relaxer tomorrow

Jeech

Hi,

I'm a newbie and was looking for an opinion on a particular matter concerning my relaxing my hair (for the first time doing it myself) tomorrow. I am so nervous but I think I will be ok. I will be using ORS Relaxer Normal. I have been reading and researching on self-relaxing through this forum and youtube.

I am also wondering what you think of my relaxing my hair tomorrow, Saturday, yet I cleaned my hair with a conditioner on Wednesday after gym....Is it a mistake? Should I wait longer before I relax?

All advice is most welcome.

Thanks ladies!

sqzbly1908

Hi and Welcome Jeech!

You should be okay as long as you have not manipulated your scalp much between Wednesday and tomorrow. (i.e. scratching, washing, etc.) Make sure that you base your scalp on relaxer day...

Good Luck!

shunemite

You'll be fine! Just rinse it out in sections i.e. don't rinse out all sections at once coz then one quarter will come out underdone. And base your scalp and protect your ends, base your ears, and did I mention base your scalp. Good luck!

Jeech

Hi and Welcome Jeech!

You should be okay as long as you have not manipulated your scalp much between Wednesday and tomorrow. (i.e. scratching, washing, etc.) Make sure that you base your scalp on relaxer day...

Good Luck!
Thanks!! I appreciate the response which helps me not be as nervous...

Jeech

You'll be fine! Just rinse it out in sections i.e. don't rinse out all sections at once coz then one quarter will come out underdone. And base your scalp and protect your ends, base your ears, and did I mention base your scalp. Good luck!

Thanks! I'll most certainly be basing my scalp, trust me! Also, good advice about rinsing in sections...I had not thought of that....

gissellr78

Good luck you should be ok unless you scratched.

BTW if you apply a mild protein conditioner like aphogee 2 minute reconstructor after rinsing out the relaxer but before neutrilizing your hair comes out stronger.

WaistLengthDreams

Hi,

I'm a newbie and was looking for an opinion on a particular matter concerning my relaxing my hair (for the first time doing it myself) tomorrow. I am so nervous but I think I will be ok. I will be using ORS Relaxer Normal. I have been reading and researching on self-relaxing through this forum and youtube.

I am also wondering what you think of my relaxing my hair tomorrow, Saturday, yet I cleaned my hair with a conditioner on Wednesday after gym....Is it a mistake? Should I wait longer before I relax?

All advice is most welcome.

Thanks ladies!

How did your first self-relaxer go? Considering self-relaxing as well.