Relaxer Touch ups

BreeNique

Ladies, I have a no lye relaxer and I wanted to do a touch up on my hair. I would like to know do you use the whole jar of relaxer of half of the jar?

AlliCat

Many no-lye kits will say to use half the contents and save the rest for your next touch-up. I personally stretch long so I have a lot of new growth so I use the whole jar at once

ETA: you probably already know this but **only** on the new growth

Last edited:

sunnieb

I use 1 1/2 tubs of Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp relaxer:

WaistLengthDreams

I use the entire tub with each relaxer. I always thought that the no-ly relaxer goes bad once activated after a couple days, but I don't have anything to back that up. Anybody know if this is true?

JFK

I use the entire tub with each relaxer. I always thought that the no-ly relaxer goes bad once activated after a couple days, but I don't have anything to back that up. Anybody know if this is true?

I thought the same thing. I thought that was why some people put it in the freezer to keep for later. I don't have anything to back it up either.

blessedandlucky

It does go bad if you mix it. It's in the directions.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

outspokenwallflower

Many people think when people use half, it means after they've mixed it. However, when I use half of my no-lye relaxer (and other ladies I know do this as well), they split the relaxer and the activator fluid BEFORE they've been mixed together; then save the other halves for next time. As long as it isnt mixed, it's fine; just split the two items before mixing them together or yes, they will indeed go bad.

achangedlife

Back in the day I use to take out half the relaxer and then mix half the activator in it. Now I mix the whole thing, use what I need then throw out the whole thing.

Sent from my LS670 using LS670