Relaxer ?: which method is best?

beana3

okay, last time i was relaxed with a regular strength relaxer (i usually use mild with no problem) and i was kind of disappointed. The stylist insisted that regular was best for me because it would allow me to rinse out the relaxer sooner.

With regular i get my hair rinsed after 15-18 mins from start to finish
With mild i get it rinsed after 20-25
Both leave my hair almost bone straight.

Is it better to use a stronger strength if it allows you to rinse it out sooner, or stick with the mild because it may be less damaging? what are your thoughts?

jainygirl

i'm 4a/4b and i've used mild (i use Revlon Professional Relaxer)and my hair came out the same as with regular but with the extra time you are allowed with the mild it didnt start tingling as soon as with the regular. What i didn't like is that the chemical is in the hair over 20 minutes, so i like using the regular formula for peace of mind.

karezone

If you are doing it yourself, use the mild that extra time will give you time to apply and smooth correctly.

beana3

thanks jainygirl! actually i'm referring to revlon realistic mild as opposed to AFFIRM regular.

Karezone: i have a stylist apply my relaxers now. Which is actually why i used to feel more comfortable with a mild b/c usually the stylist will be very busy and i thought the mild would buy me a few minutes. However, last time i had someone tending Only to my hair and she washed it out after 15 mins