Relaxing after using Lush Henna?

metalkitty

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has relaxed their hair successfully after using Lush hot hair hennas? I know people contacted Lush and learned that it doesn't contain metallic compounds or salts but I want to be extra careful. Also I like the Lush henna so much I'm willing to transition while still using it if it doesn't mix well with relaxers. More likely than not I'll probably do a strand test anyway and report back with my experience in a few weeks.

simcha

I always henna the week after my touch up. That way there isn't any on my new growth when I get my next touch up (7 weeks). (I've read that the henna may keep relaxers and perms from working). So far no problems

metalkitty

Thanks for your advice, I think I should clarify though. I used henna awhile back when my hair had a bit of newgrowth and was wondering if the hennaed new growth will be negatively affected when I decide to relax again in the near future?

lovebug10

Bump! I'm interested in purchasing the Lush Henna. Relaxed ladies are there any tips or suggestions? I do plan on waiting until after my touchup.