Relaxing early...wayyy early!!

Cayenne0622

Well, per my previous posts, I underprocessed my hair big time with SE Mild. It wasn't the relaxer, it was me. I was scurred...to say the least. I had been shedding like crazy and accidentally overprocessed my crown (prior) by using SE Regular. I had to rinse too soon and underprocessed everywhere else. This time I overbased my scalp and hair and couldn't tell whether I was straight or not because of all of the products. Usually I don't have a problem relaxing but I was using a new relaxer and living in fear because of the shedding monster. Anywho, my underprocessing was about 3 weeks ago...in fact, my hair seems as if it the relaxer didn't take at all because I was already previously underprocessed in most areas. At this point, my hair can't wait anymore. Its been tangling alot, hard to comb, and breaking from several areas - short and long hairs. I need to put on a good relaxer and get it right, do it a light trim and start from there.

If anyone has any input, please feel free. I plan to return to my old faithful relaxer Designer's Touch and never leave it again...hopefully. SE is a good relaxer. I just have to get back to what I'm used to so that I don't have to be fearful of timing, etc. I KNOW how to apply Designer's Touch and when to rinse it out.

I HOPE AT 3 WEEKS POST, MY HAIR WILL BE OKAY WITH A RELAXER. I'VE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE BUT I'M SOOOOOOOOOO UNDERPROCESSED THAT ITS AS IF I'M 7 OR 8 WEEKS POST.

SUPER SWEET

4 weeks is early but make sure you deep condition afterwards. If you could wait until 6 that would better. Try getting a blow out, roller set, phony pony or bun to keep the new growth tamed for 2 weeks if you could.

Cayenne0622

Thanks ladies. Sweetness!:D I wish I could wait another two weeks but it ain't gonna happen. My hair is wayyyyy underprocessed. Its as if I'm 9 or 10 weeks post instead of 3 1/2. My last relaxer did not take at all. Well, maybe it did a little tiny bit but not much. I will definitely be careful and protect all of my hair that is beyond 1-2 inches. I will lightly base my scalp the night before and base my edges the morning of and then I'll put a thick petroleum with conditioner on my straight hair to protect it. I'll keep you posted but I think I'll be very happy!