Rep your ministry/auxiliary!

crlsweetie912

Where in the House of the Lord do you serve?
Hospitality?
Caring and Concern?
Usher?
Minister?
Praise/Liturgical Dance?

Tell how God led you to be a part of your ministry.
Don't be shy, please share!

I will go first. I had only been officially with my church for a few months. I was so excited about this new journey with my church. One day before service, I sat in the pew and out of no where, got up and asked on of the ushers who was sitting on my row "How do you go about being an usher?"
I was shocked. To this day, I don't know where those words came from. I knew nothing about being and usher and what it entailed. I was in for a shock! But through it all, I LOVE ushering for the Lord. I have been awesomely blessed to serve in this capacity. I believe that I have a heart for people and a discenment that allows me to actually "see" when a person is at their lowest and step in to comfort and console and uplift as needed. I feel so blessed that God is using me and I couldn't ever see me not being an usher!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I've been with two Churches as an adult. In my first Church, I was blessed to become the Pre-K and Kindergarten teacher in our Church's school. Afterwards, I was later appointed as one of the leaders of the Nursery and Children's church.

God blessed me and my Pastor entrusted me with so much. I was his son's very first school teacher. That was an honor and a great honor to teach all of the children that each parent entrusted me with. Parents expect much from Christian schools and they don't pay for sloppy seconds. When they 'asked' for me to teach their children, I knew God had something He has placed within me to not disappoint them and God surely proved Himself. For it was HIS ministry to the children, not mine.

I was given free reign with extra-curricular events. Each Easter and Christmas, I'd write a play and a song to present to the congregation. I have many of these on video tape. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. I will never forget the Sunday when Pastor announced that he was turning that morning's service over to me...and the children. It was beautiful and well-received. The children did a wonderful job and received a standing ovation. God's work. I learned that I had gifts that He placed in me that I never knew existed until I taught the 'babies'.

I have to say that if anyone is not involved in their home church, please allow God to use you. Even if it's in housekeeping and serving guests, please let God use you there. I've done it all from cleaning bathrooms and baby bottoms :giggle: -- cleaning gum off of the sanctuary floors and chairs; to designing flowers for the Altar and special events; to serving honored guests and all it takes is a humble heart to not care about the duty, but to care about the House of God and being a part of it's growth in other's lives.

In my current Church, I minister (along with others) in the office of Intercessory prayer. That's where my Pastors 'trust' me and that's where God has placed me. I love it...I love praying for people. I love it when we have our 'All Night' shut-ins at the Church and we pray until sunrise.

God is so faithful. His word is alive and rich on the inside of me and for each prayer, He confirms and directs me with His word. My Pastors are so encouraging for each time the Lord has a word through me, it's confirmed.

I'm sorry Crlsweetie for so much text. Your post just opened up my heart. I can't say enough about the beauty of being part of a ministry and being used of God in any manner. Just so it pleases Him and helps others.

Wonderful thread Crslweetie :up: :giveheart:

p31woman

Cute Thread!

Lets' see...I currently serve on the:
*Wedding Planning Ministry(plan and coordiante weddings and the Vow of Purity ceremonies)
*Membership Angels ministry(we do it all...we are special evwents ushers, call members to remind them about new members classes, help with new member classes...pretty much any assistance my pastor needs on special projects and programs, they come to us first.

At my former church I served as:
Head Youth Usher
Choir member
Youth group member (stepping, dancing, plays, etc.)

PaperClip

**representin'!**:grin:

Presently:
--(Special) Intercessory Prayer Team (core group that prays specifically for the ministry/pastor/leaders and however else the Lord leads)
--Praise and Worship Singers
--prayer lines for broadcast (occasionally)

The Lord has moved me out of the administrative side more into the ministerial side.... Administratively, I did a LOT:
--church secretary
--pastor's wife's secretary/assistant
--bulletin committee
--pastoral anniversary
--multimedia (TV)
--catechism counselor
--church announcer
--nanny to the pastor's children
--singles ministry (for about a year; we weren't in sync concerning recreational activities... they thought my ideas were too "high-brow" :rolleyes:)

Also, I sung in the choir for many years. And, although I'm not the pastor's wife's assistant anymore, it seems that I'll always be a part of projects that the pastor's wife is involved in because I suppose that's divinely ordained, so I thank the Lord for that...it's an honor

At my childhood church, I sung in the choir and I did the church announcements over the radio (as part of the youth service)....

Shimmie

Staff member
**representin'!**:grin:

Presently:
--(Special) Intercessory Prayer Team (core group that prays specifically for the ministry/pastor/leaders and however else the Lord leads)
--Praise and Worship Singers
--prayer lines for broadcast (occasionally)

The Lord has moved me out of the administrative side more into the ministerial side.... Administratively, I did a LOT:
--church secretary
--pastor's wife's secretary/assistant
--bulletin committee
--pastoral anniversary
--multimedia (TV)
--catechism counselor
--church announcer
--nanny to the pastor's children
--singles ministry (for about a year; we weren't in sync concerning recreational activities... they thought my ideas were too "high-brow" :rolleyes:)

Also, I sung in the choir for many years. And, although I'm not the pastor's wife's assistant anymore, it seems that I'll always be a part of projects that the pastor's wife is involved in because I suppose that's divinely ordained, so I thank the Lord for that...it's an honor

At my childhood church, I sung in the choir and I did the church announcements over the radio (as part of the youth service)....
Sing for us, "RR"... :yep: Really, it would be a welcome sweet sound in this place...

Sing like an Angel... :giveheart:

crlsweetie912

Shoot, I forgot the best part!
Recently, the Usher board presented a proposal to the Director of Auxiliary operations for an Usher anniversary to be held next September. Background, the Usher board at my church is the 2nd largest auxiliary second to the mass choir. We put on events on a regular basis (yearly awards banquet and others) so people kind of know a lot about us and how we do things.
How about the Auxiliary board wants US (PRAISE THE LORD) to plan our pastor and co-pastor's 23 church anniversary black tie celebration! WOW! I am so excited! I will keep my cyber-sisters posted on the details. This is going to be soooo wonderful!

Shimmie

Staff member
:blush::look:All I do is worship Him with my voice.... And when the worship is good, it's REAL GOOD!!!!:yep: Um um good like the Smokie Norful song!
:lol: I love you Little Sister :kiss: You can sing anyway, for as you 'worship, it is such a sweet, sweet sound in His ear...:yep: