Replacement for Aveda Elixir???? :(

zzirvingj

Since Aveda is discontinuing their Elixir (which I am a HUGE fan of), have any ladies already found a good replacement for this product? I asked them last week if they were bringing in another product to replace it and the guy said "no".

So although I'm really disappointed I figured I'd better start looking now for something else I can use in it's place. Any suggestions??

Cichelle

I'm sorry I don't know of a replacement but I'm surprised they are discountinuing it. When I first did the big chop, I used the elixir and LOVED it. Have you tried Giovanni Direct? BWC also has a leave in that they recently reformulated to remove the parabens. I am not currently using a leave-in conditioner, but I liked that one when I did.

Last edited:

prettyinpurple

I think the brand Aura has a product like Aveda's elixir. Aura is just a knockoff of Aveda products. I've seen it at Sally and other BSS.

ETA: Wow I can't believe they are discontinuing it, I thought it was one of their best-sellers.

janeemat

Well, I only started using it the past summer. So, that means I've purchased only one bottle. My hair does like Aveda Elixir, but long before it I was using Redken Anti Snap leave and Phillip B Lovin Leave In which my hair loves and both are still my staples. You may want to try them. So, I'm not too disappointed. Now if they try to get rid of the Damage Remedy line, I'm going to have to file a complaint. Love that stuff!

BrownSkin2

I'm on my first bottle of Elixir and love it. I asked if a relacement would be coming soon and the Aveda salon said they didn't know. I'm surprised it's being discontinued too, it's a very good leave-in.

Qurlyqt

Not sure because I have purchased MULTIPLE bottles of the Elixir to get me through. Thanks for the thread though because hopefully you'll get some replies of products that I can also try.

mkstar826

supersonic
i use the Be Curly lotion as a leave-in/moisturizer.

i've heard they are coming out w/ a replacement but who knows since we're all hearing different things. you'll probably be able to find the elixir online for a good while after it's been discontinued so stock up ;)